ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension In person appointment very soon

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Extension In person appointment very soon

Post by rshelar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:11 am

Hi,

I have an in person appointment for Tier 1 Extension very soon and have few queries

- I easily qualify for the earnings criteria and I am getting full points. This takes my total number of points to 105 if I claim for 12 month period

Is it recommended that I claim for a shorter duration and only meet the required 75 points by claiming less points for earning ? Would claiming points in the highest salary band cause problems in future? Eg if during future applications I earn less than what I earn now and not able to show the same level of earning?

- I am confused regarding the mode of payment. The debit card mentioned is only Delta and Maestro. I have Visa debit so cant use it. I cannot use credit card as the limit is only £500. The postal order can only be given upto max 250. What is the best suggestion then ?

- Very simple question, am I supposed to mark X or tick the boxes in the form ?

- For maintenance purposes my last bank statement is ad hoc and printed by bank on normal paper and stamped and signed...is that acceptable ? This is to enable the proof of funds not more than 30 days old.

Thanks

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:06 am

Can someone please reply ?

sharbt_hvr

Post by sharbt_hvr » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:09 am

Hi,

-It is mentioned you need to meet same income criteria not the absolute salary.

-Delta is the old name for Visa Debit card ;hence visa card are accepted

- tick

- that is fine as per guidance.

rgds,
sharbt_hvr

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:14 am

I paid by visa (debit) for my postal application and it was fine.

r_arun53
Newly Registered

Post by r_arun53 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi

I am also in same situation. I Rang UKBA help line. they will accept Visa debit Card for the payment. As mentioned by sharbt_hvr Delta is old name for Visa Debit Card.

Regards

Arun.R

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:06 pm

Thanks for your replies.

I believe that I did not clarify fully regarding the earning criteria.

My earnings for past 12 months is 40K+ which give me 45 points and total points is 105. However even if I show income for say 6 months I still get enough points but my total points for application is 75.

My question comes when I apply for ILR. For any reason I earn less than what I am earning now and for any application I show less earnings...say only 30K for a year would that be a problem ? Or will I have to meet 40K that I am showing now in all applications.