ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Outrageously long shot naive nubile ignoramus-type question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cane

Outrageously long shot naive nubile ignoramus-type question

Post by Cane » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:47 am

I will be in the UK on a visit visa soon, and will be there for over a month. Is there some way to get the HSMP EC/Visa stamped on my passport while in the UK? I imagine the response to this will probably be a succint, curt "NO" but, perhaps not.

While, in principle, there is no problem in applying for EC in my home city (Islamabad, Pakistan), the wait is near interminable (> 4-6 weeks), and the application process is hardly a case study in customer-friendly dealings. :cry:

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.
Cane

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:00 am

Cane wrote:I will be in the UK on a visit visa soon, and will be there for over a month. Is there some way to get the HSMP EC/Visa stamped on my passport while in the UK? I imagine the response to this will probably be a succint, curt "NO" but, perhaps not.
No. Visitors cannot change status to HSMP 'in country'. You need to apply for HSMP entry clearance at the relevant British Diplomatic Post.

Cane

Post by Cane » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:28 am

Thought not. Thanks for the confirmation.

Cane