ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - URGENT Withdrawl of ILR application in an emergency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

darkknight
Newly Registered

ILR - URGENT Withdrawl of ILR application in an emergency

Post by darkknight » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Could someone pls advice on the time scales of getting the passport back once ILR application is withdrawn

I need to travel urgently due to a family emergency and asked for the withdrawl of my ILR application.

They say it would take around 10 working days to get the documents.

As it is an emergency i need to travel urgent....Any one out there that had gone through this process and got their documents back in less than 10 days??

joh118

Re: ILR - URGENT Withdrawl of ILR application in an emergenc

Post by joh118 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:59 pm

darkknight wrote:Could someone pls advice on the time scales of getting the passport back once ILR application is withdrawn

I need to travel urgently due to a family emergency and asked for the withdrawl of my ILR application.

They say it would take around 10 working days to get the documents.

As it is an emergency i need to travel urgent....Any one out there that had gone through this process and got their documents back in less than 10 days??
contact UKBA and explain, also contact your local MP ASAP to ask for expedited service. Your MP should be able to contact UKBA directly and get things done fast. Just make sure you have evidence etc...
But remember, you will lose your application fee.