ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport issues & Previous earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

next step
Newly Registered

Passport issues & Previous earnings

Post by next step » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi

I recently renewed my passport (exp. 27 Mar 2010), which contains my PSW visa (exp. 07 Aug 2010). I plan to make an application for Tier 1 (Gen) next month. Will it be sufficient to submit only my new passport? Or will I need to submit the old one as well that has the PSW visa?

One other question. The policy guidance states below:
103. An applicant may claim for a period of earnings of less than 12 months if they have earned sufficient funds to claim the necessary points.
I have not heard any further clarification on this and everyone I have spoken with says you must claim for a 12 month period, so I want to be clear on this. I have a period of 4 months in the 12 month period that I may not be able to claim earnings for, so I want to know if I claim for the 8 months that I have qualified earnings, based on the above grounds?

Thanks in advance :)

akash08

Re: Passport issues & Previous earnings

Post by akash08 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:59 pm

next step wrote:Hi

I have not heard any further clarification on this and everyone I have spoken with says you must claim for a 12 month period, so I want to be clear on this. I have a period of 4 months in the 12 month period that I may not be able to claim earnings for, so I want to know if I claim for the 8 months that I have qualified earnings, based on the above grounds?

Thanks in advance :)
I myself have claimed for 9 months and got my visa without any issue. So, just ignore whoever says you must claim for 12 months..that is pure crap..

next step
Newly Registered

Post by next step » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:39 pm

oh wow! Thanx for ur reply. I'v been out of work for a few months so I want to claim for the months that I was working so I wasnt to sure how that works.

The 9 months that u claimed, was it 9 months immediately before ur application? Or was there a gap?

jason23

Post by jason23 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:04 am

Mate, any 8 months in the last 15 months before your app will be accepted.

From the UKBAwebsite

The period of earnings we will assess
Earnings must be made up of 12 consecutive months and must fall within the 15 months before your application.

You can claim points for a 12-month period outside the 15-month period only in very limited circumstances. These are if you have been away from the workplace for a time during the last 12 months because of maternity or adoption-related absence.

You do not need to be in continuous employment during the 12-month period being assessed, so:
you can claim for a period of earnings less than 12 months; and
earnings do not have to be from a single employer and can be from full-time, part-time, temporary or short-term work.
If you claim for a period that is longer than 12 months, or if you do not specify a period for assessment of earnings, we will assess the most recent 12-month period for which you have sent evidence.

r_arun53
Newly Registered

Post by r_arun53 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:22 am

If you look at the passport detail section of the application form, you can get clear idea about previous passports.

"For the application to be valid and complete, the applicant must provide his/her original current passport or travel document unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form. If the applicant has a current grant of leave on a Biometric Residence Permit he/she must also provide their Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) for the application to be valid and complete. The applicant should also provide all previous passports and/or travel documents that he/she has used to travel to and remain in the United Kingdom".

Regards

Arun R

next step
Newly Registered

Post by next step » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Thanks much guys. Its much clearer now.