ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query before applying post study work visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

langet so pilon

Query before applying post study work visa

Post by langet so pilon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:43 am

Hi all,
I am currently awaiting for my MBA results with my visa running out on the 17th April this year.

I was thinking of applying for post study work visa. I am currently working on a part time basis in a betting exchange.

I am intending to apply for ILR in the long run.

Do you guys think that post study visa is the way forward or should I consider something else?

Are there any drawbacks I should be aware of PSW that will affect me in the long run?

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Psw will only count towards the long residency providing long residency scheme is still there when you apply for ILR.

You can switch to Tier 2 if you qualify the time you make your tier2 application which will leed you to ILR after 5 year again providing if rules remain the same.

Another route was Tier 1 Gen but it's going to close on 5 April and I don't think it is possible for you to switch there.

I must say enjoy your life at the moment and don't worry about any thing at this time as no body knows what rules will be in future.

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:43 pm

AUHS wrote:Psw will only count towards the long residency providing long residency scheme is still there when you apply for ILR.

You can switch to Tier 2 if you qualify the time you make your tier2 application which will leed you to ILR after 5 year again providing if rules remain the same.

Another route was Tier 1 Gen but it's going to close on 5 April and I don't think it is possible for you to switch there.

I must say enjoy your life at the moment and don't worry about any thing at this time as no body knows what rules will be in future.
Yeah, he's right... but with so much money invested, and now everything beiong at stake, it's hard to just enjoy... well, we have to wait and hope.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Why I said enjoy because we can not change or fight with our fate.so hope for the best and prepare for the worst as We don't know what is in the future!!!!

Good luck

langet so pilon

Post by langet so pilon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:39 am

Do you guys know if PSW applications in general are being successful of late?

Is there any truth that the home office are cutting in on PSW's as well?

Would you guys advise me to use a solicitor?

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:30 am

Ukba is probably going to change Psw from April , so apply before if you qualify now to be on the safe side.

If your application is straightforward and you are confident to do it by yourself than do it other wise burn some money and use a solicitor.

Good luck

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 am

langet so pilon wrote:Do you guys know if PSW applications in general are being successful of late?

Is there any truth that the home office are cutting in on PSW's as well?
no they are not currently... except the rules are changing from April 2011

Would you guys advise me to use a solicitor?
no

psw is very straight forward application... just make sure your docs are in order. infact it is one of the most straight forward visa to apply for. i dont think you need solicitor unless you have weird circumstances...

cheers

langet so pilon

Thanks guys

Post by langet so pilon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:11 am

Thanks guys for your insight.