ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for my Son born in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrdilemma
Newly Registered

ILR for my Son born in UK

Post by ilrdilemma » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:49 am

I will be eligible to apply for ILR in May, 2011. My son was born last year in UK. Will he be eligible for applying ILR along with me (FLR(O)) even though he has not completed 2 years stay as dependent. Does the 2 year dependent rule apply to him as well? Please help me and let me know what are my options. Thanks

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:19 am

2 Years Rule is not for Kids .. Plz add me as dependant in Application Form ..

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:23 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

eager2learn

Post by eager2learn » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:51 pm

vinny wrote:See also Child born in the UK.
So there is no need to add the child in the ILR application as the parent then after getting ILR can apply for citizenship for the child directly?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:43 am

Hi Vinny,

I got an appointment for my ILR ( My wife and kid) have been included as dependants. My Son was born in UK.

After reading your note I am planning not to include my son in ILR application form .

Can you please confirm- I reckon i don't need to do anything and just not add my son in the application form ( I mean i don't need to contact home office to inform my son will not be added as his name is in appointment).

I will check - what to do/which application form to use for kids born in UK and parents got ILR ..

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Click and follow the link(s) provided.

regards