ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

finance question - please help.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jems
Newly Registered

finance question - please help.

Post by jems » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:49 am

Hi there. My husband is going to apply for his ILR next week with the SET(M) form. We have 3 months of his bank statements, wage slips, and 2 years P60's. Got the 6 letters over the 2 years in joint names all sorted out, he's passed his life in UK test and got certificate, got both passports and the required photos, plus our marriage certificate. He's bringing in about 1000 a month. Now my question is do i need to hand in my wage slips and bank statements too? I have them all but my one worry is that i have a balance on a credit card and recently my interest free period ran out so another credit card company transfered the money into my account and then it was used to pay off my other credit card. Will this be questioned? I always make my repayments on time and have a very good credit history. My husband has no credit cards and a well managed bank account too. Thanks for any help and advice you can give.

fhumbert

Post by fhumbert » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 pm

you both need to show that you can support yourselves, so you'll have to provide payslips for the both of you.

What you are describing in your post is not relevant. The UKBA is not concerned with your creditworthiness.

jems
Newly Registered

Post by jems » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:12 pm

ok, thanks. Just another question as my other topic was locked. This is specifically related to my husbands wage slips. He unfortunately misplaced some. He has 1 months (most recent) original, and 2 months prior to that are printed on headed paper from employer and bank statements have his pay on anyway. Will this cause any problems? Thanks for your help, its an anxious time even when it is probably very straight forward, i expect many will understand the worry

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:58 pm

jems wrote:and 2 months prior to that are printed on headed paper
you should be ok. if he can get someone from HR to stamp/sign the same (as anyone can print on headed papert).

what about payslips prior to 3 months?

xyz123

Re: finance question - please help.

Post by xyz123 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:00 pm

jems wrote:Hi there. My husband is going to apply for his ILR next week with the SET(M) form. We have 3 months of his bank statements, wage slips, and 2 years P60's. Got the 6 letters over the 2 years in joint names all sorted out, he's passed his life in UK test and got certificate, got both passports and the required photos, plus our marriage certificate. He's bringing in about 1000 a month. Now my question is do i need to hand in my wage slips and bank statements too? I have them all but my one worry is that i have a balance on a credit card and recently my interest free period ran out so another credit card company transfered the money into my account and then it was used to pay off my other credit card. Will this be questioned? I always make my repayments on time and have a very good credit history. My husband has no credit cards and a well managed bank account too. Thanks for any help and advice you can give.
you need your bank statements not credit card statements. basically your savings account (if you have one) and current account (to show salary coming in)

jems
Newly Registered

Post by jems » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi yep thanks. I know we just need bank statements not credit card statements, but i had a money transfer from credit card company onto my current account in order to pay back a credit card. So basically they will know i have a credit card balance to pay. I just wondered if that would affect anything. We don't have savings either but our monthly income between us is around 2500 so we can support ourselves and there has been no recourse to public funds by either of us. Thanks.

jems
Newly Registered

Post by jems » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi will not having savings go against us? Starting to worry now as we're applying in person next week. Especially with the credit card issue mentioned. Our finances are completely under control and we claim no benefits and can support ourselves fully. Thanks in advance.