ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstay or legal stay ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

surveyer

Overstay or legal stay ?

Post by surveyer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi guys, I had applied for PSW on Jan 11 2010 and my visa expired on Jan 31st. Although I have given my Biometrics following the invitation, I still have not got my visa. I just wanted to ask you guys as to if my current stay here in UK after the expiry is going to be considered as an overstay or is it legal stay? How does that work? Please guide me on that. Thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:51 pm

As you applied before your visa expired, your stay is extended by virtue of Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971, therefore you are here legally.

surveyer

Re: Overstay or legal stay ?

Post by surveyer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:54 pm

surveyer wrote:Hi guys, I had applied for PSW on Jan 11 2010 and my visa expired on Jan 31st. Although I have given my Biometrics following the invitation, I still have not got my visa. I just wanted to ask you guys as to if my current stay here in UK after the expiry is going to be considered as an overstay or is it legal stay? How does that work? Please guide me on that. Thanks.
Hey sorry I meant Jan 2011...

surveyer

Post by surveyer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Greenie wrote:As you applied before your visa expired, your stay is extended by virtue of Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971, therefore you are here legally.
Thanks Greenie and is it considered as an overstay?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:09 pm

surveyer wrote:
Greenie wrote:As you applied before your visa expired, your stay is extended by virtue of Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971, therefore you are here legally.
No. Your stay is extended and you are here legally as I said in my previous post.

surveyer

Post by surveyer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:15 pm

Greenie wrote:
surveyer wrote:
No. Your stay is extended and you are here legally as I said in my previous post.

Thanks once again for that clarification.