ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduation certificate received with an ongoing application

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kirik8
Newly Registered

Graduation certificate received with an ongoing application

Post by kirik8 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:06 pm

My graduation certificate has been recently delivered to my place, while I already had an application submitted with original letter from the institution (date of the award: November 1st 2010, saying certificate is usually issued within 3 month, date of an application : 22 of January 2011).

I was thinking about sending my original certificate of the award with change of circumstances form, but in "TYPE OF CHANGE" section it has categories such as personal details, criminal convictions, contact details and others. I can mark it as "Other" but it looks it it is not intended for sending additional documentation.

So my question is: should I even worry about sending it? Is there some kind of deadline (like 3 months) for UKBA after which they don't accept letters from institution proving that certificate will be sent? Or should I mark it as "Other" and just explain it in a section below?

I appreciate your answers.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:08 pm

CoC form is EXACTLY for that type of situation. send it away. "others" seems to be the box you must be ticking...

include covering letter too

cheers

kirik8
Newly Registered

Post by kirik8 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Thank you for a fast respond! I will do that right away.

By the way, on the letter confirming the application UKBA stated: "Please do not send any additional documents to us unless requested to do so by a caseworker." Does that somehow apply to my situation?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:07 pm

disregard it...

its a stock statement they put in every letter....

they can't destroy your document or return it...legally they must accept it!...

cheers

kirik8
Newly Registered

Post by kirik8 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Thank you for your response once again! I will send the document and update the topic with the result of my application once I get it so probably someone else will find it useful.

kirik8
Newly Registered

Post by kirik8 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Just as a point of reference - my application has been approved and my certificate was returned alongside with the other documents.