ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After the rejection of CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ciaoclara
Newly Registered

After the rejection of CoS

Post by ciaoclara » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:36 am

Hi.

The day before yesterday, I heard from my company that they couldn't get CoS for me. It's a disaster and I'm in panic.

I was in PSW but finally they said my application is not matched with the criteria, even as an exceptional case.

I heard there is no right of appeal so it means it's just the end?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Clara

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 am

There's no right of appeal for refusal to grant CoS.

regards

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:37 am

Also I think you can apply again for Cos. Solve the reasons of refusal and reapply if you have got time.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:00 am

what was the reason given to you. if possible, please copy-paste that email here removing sensitive details appropriately

also,

what was the job tile quoted on your COS?

what salary was mentioned on your COS?

when was your application actually considered?

cheers

ciaoclara
Newly Registered

Post by ciaoclara » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:05 am

@sushdmehta: Thanks for your reply...

@AUHS: I think my company just gave up and sent the contract termination letter already. I'm really upset and crying all day...

@Arsenal49: (I'm arsenal fan as well!)

My job title was sales administrator (I thought but I will check with HR to be sure what they put exactly.)

Salary was 26K but they sent it as exceptional/urgent application.

Please refer to the email from HR as below.

We hope you are well.

We are writing to inform you that following our submission for your Certificate of Sponsorship – the UK Border Agency made a decision last week and notified us in writing yesterday. Unfortunately, **** was not awarded the certificate and we do not have any further right of appeal. Their decision has been made in accordance with the guidance detailed within the Sponsor Guidance and the criteria set out below.

Shortage Occupation posts with salaries of £32,000 per annum and above
Non- shortage occupation posts with salaries of £36,000 per annum and above

As you may be aware, we submitted your application under urgent/special circumstances and requested the UK Border Agency to make a decision in December/January. Initially they requested for more information from **** regarding the application. Following submission of this information, they rejected the special/urgent request stating that our application does not meet the criteria to be considered as an exceptional case. Yesterday, they made the final decision not to grant the Certificate of Sponsorship.

We are very disappointed with the outcome of this application and we understand this news will be even more disappointing to you.

What should I do?? I'm in panic...

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:25 am

thanks for the update....

when is your visa going to expire? if you have visa beyond april 2011, then all you (and your employer) needs to worry about is your salary, under new rules.

maybe that will make things easier for you...???

remain strong.

cheers

ps. hope we destroy barcelona, midweek:P

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:33 am

Oh Balls man.. Sucks !

I don't know what to say man but don't cry.. sh*t happens. if all fails apply for canadian HSMP. I'm sure you will qualify + better country :D

Good luck to you..

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:29 am

Well Ciaoclara I can understand the frustration and the hard time you are going through.But we can not change/fight with our fate.

Better not to worry and try to convince your company again to solve the salary problems and apply again for the COA.

Uk is not the end of life.There are some other good countries are also like Canada,Australis etc.Important thing is your life so please don,t cry ,Uk is not worth of.