ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR/SET(O) Success - Sheffield - 10/02/2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ice.blade
Newly Registered

ILR/SET(O) Success - Sheffield - 10/02/2011

Post by ice.blade » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Hello,

Thank you everyone who helped, guided, provided hints/links, directions and most imp of all thanks to everyone who shared their experiences @ PEOs.

Appointment time - 1:30 pm
Arrived - 12:30pm (just because everyone arrived early to their appointments as mentioned in this forum).

Waited outside the building for 10 min to get inside, as there was some queue before me.

After entering building usual airport style security checks. They didn’t ask for any ID details, appointment details, just asked do I have any appointment, then he said proceed to window 7 i.e. Reception window.

At reception window I was 2nd in queue, lady at reception asked for details like name and no. of dependents and on her list of appointments ticked my and my wife's name and she provided us the token no.

Then wait of around 10 min for our token no to be called, the guy checked form briefly and collated all the documents from my folder and stacked in their own folder. Surprisingly he didn’t pick up our marriage certificate and other details like Bills, Electoral Registration acknowledgement letter from council. Then finally asked me to go to payments window to make the payment(I had take our documents to payment window and hand them over at payment window).

Made the payment.

At this point of time, I really didn’t know what to expect, so was waiting for something to happen.

In 20-25 min caseworker (very polite guy) called out token no., he said documents are fine and has things they need. And they are waiting for the responses of the checks but we have been granted the ILR (of course, depending on the result of the checks).

At this point my wife was so delighted but I was as tense as before.

Application - WP(3yrs) + Tier-2(5mnths) + Tier-1(2yrs).
Absences - total 85days in 5yrs.
Absence was paid in the UK and proved by providing payslips and bank statements(I think this helped to large extent).

But I had 1 big gap of 45 days and visa gap of 23 days in 2007.
i.e. went to India when visa was expiring in 4 days. Applied for my new wp from India and received it in 23 days, but in all total I had stayed in India for 45days for that absence.

Fortunately I was paid in the UK while I was outside of the UK (area of great concern for me).

After another 1 hr our token no was called by the lady at reception and handed over our embossed passports and letter and that my friends was the moment of relaxation.

Over all Sheffield PEO, I found crowded and busy than what I have seen in this forum about Solihull. People at PEO are very helpful and humours.

Hope this guides anyone who are applying in Sheffield.

Document Submitted -
Last 12 months payslips and bank statements.
5yrs P60
KOL Test Certificates
Marriage Certificate
Employer letters
Days of absence List
Passports photo copies
Proofs of paid leaves (Payslips and Bank statements).

All the very best.

Please refer to -
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cross-cut/

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Congratulations and thanks for the sharing your experience

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Congrats ice.blade on joining the club.

Can I just ask whether the letter you were given, stating anything to do with ILR approval, or just a generic letter similar to what I received stating return of documents and to check stamp in passport?

ice.blade
Newly Registered

Post by ice.blade » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Congrats ice.blade on joining the club.
wpleo wrote:Can I just ask whether the letter you were given, stating anything to do with ILR approval, or just a generic letter similar to what I received stating return of documents and to check stamp in passport?
Yes. Just stating return of documents.

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Yes. Just stating return of documents.
Thanks for reply. So I guess its the same everywhere, although I previously thought they will issue a letter as immigration status document with ILR or something similar, but I guess that is not the case. Anyway, I think its best to keep scanned copy of stamp in passport just in case and will surely keep this generic letter.

Congrats again mate.