ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam800

My application

Post by sam800 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:35 am

Hi friends, details about my application below :

HSMP (JR) 4 Yr + 2 dependents
Complex case as I was out of UK for more than 6 months

Sent ILR Application on 12-oct-2010
Delivered on 13-oct-2010, never received acknowledgment letter
Received from bank letter saying cheque bounced on 19-oct-2010
Sent 2nd cheque, was deducted on 01-nov-2010

After checking out this forum, I called them on 31-jan-2011, they gave me case id, they told wait for some more time and said that 95% of cases are decided in 6 months.

also asked if we need to withdraw passport, how much time it takes. they said roughly 10 days.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:11 pm

izzie wrote:Can't belive it guys... we received a package from UKBA this morning containing all the original supporting documents we sent as well as my passport and hubby's passport with ILR stamp issued on 1st Feb!!!

:D :D :D

I am totally amazed and very relieved at how quickly they dealt with his application as we applied on 5th January and I was expecting it to take at least 2 months but they barely took 4 weeks! So happy that we don't have to cancel our travel plans woohoo!!

Hope everyone waiting gets the good news soon!!! Good luck to all!
On what basis did you apply ?

shabz_81

Post by shabz_81 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Good news guys, my wife got her passport back this afternoon through recorded post with ILR granted. We are soo happy :D . ILR was issued on 3rd Febuary 2011 at Liverpool. All in all it took few days short of 4 weeks. We can now get on with our plans and plan a much deserved holiday.

I only have one question the covering letter which was sent by the case worker states that she is returning the enlosed passport with an extension of stay in the UK. The actual ILR sticker itself states: Indefinate Leave to Remain in the UK. What's the difference ???

Good luck to everyone else. I'm sure you will hear good news very soon.

izzie

Post by izzie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Congratulations Shabz! Am very pleased for you... Has anyone else heard anything yet?

@sunmoon: We applied under Set M category.

Once again, good luck to all those still waiting...

samnick
Newly Registered

Post by samnick » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:15 pm

After 19 weeks wait,finally I have received my passport with ILR today.

Thanks to all.

caligirl
Newly Registered

Post by caligirl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:53 am

Congrats samnick! Must be such a relief! Which form did you apply under please?

samnick
Newly Registered

Post by samnick » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 am

Thanks.I applied SET(O) completing 5 years work permit.

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:11 am

C.R.Reddy wrote:Applied under 5 yrs category

Cheers,
C.R
I think you should give UKBA a call if you haven't from them...I believe they have be clearing alot of backlog and a decision should have be effected regarding your case...I am very optimistic about this!

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:14 am

samnick wrote:After 19 weeks wait,finally I have received my passport with ILR today.

Thanks to all.
Congratulations great friend...it gives me great joy that this specific hurdle has been scaled...we can look forward to the next steps...

For all those still waiting, your victory is on the way....the great help of the helpless will be visiting you soon....Oh Victory is so SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

lumera
- thin ice -

Re: My application

Post by lumera » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:16 am

sam800 wrote:Hi friends, details about my application below :

After checking out this forum, I called them on 31-jan-2011, they gave me case id, they told wait for some more time and said that 95% of cases are decided in 6 months.

also asked if we need to withdraw passport, how much time it takes. they said roughly 10 days.
Please, please, please do not withdraw your case...You've waited more than enough time and I submitted on that same day and have received mine...Your victory is nearer that you imagined...Hold on...do not withdraw now....but do not forget to share your story...keep hope alive and congratulations in advance!

lumera
- thin ice -

Re: My application

Post by lumera » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 am

Please, please, please do not withdraw your case...You've waited more than enough time and I submitted on that same day and have received mine...Your victory is nearer that you imagined...Hold on...do not withdraw now....but do not forget to share your story...keep hope alive and congratulations in advance!

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:36 am

lumera wrote:
ilrqa wrote:Hi there,
Im new to this forum and i shud admit reading these threads is big support. Its been only 5 weeks and i guess i have a long wait.
If any one reading thru these threads has made a application in december please post their dates.
lumera can u please say on which date did u make your application.
I posted mine on 12th Octoberm 2010. Some people who posted after that day have received their ILR. Ypu can only hope for the best and u can be lucky sooner than you imagine!
The GREAT I AM remembered me...
We got our ILR - Myself, wifey and babie. We're free from VISA restrictions at last after a very long wait of 4 months...

We're extremely grateful to the wonderful people who post their various and diverse experiences on this site. It has been of tremendous value...

Postal applications are a terrible waste of time if you can avoid them and your specific case is straight forward go premium as the extra pounds is better off than the TERRIBLE WAIT...I must admit that I achieve very little in the last few months as I waited in great trepidation unsure of what may become of my 5+ years of sojourn but we're glad that this is all over now...ILR was duly stamped 07/02/2011...a most wonderful birthday gift for my very blessed daughter....our joy is unspeakable! Glory be to GOD.

Once again, we must rally around all those still waiting and prepare those filing applications...this website has added value to me and I appreciate this so very much.... GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

My next struggle to get a UKBA letter back-dating our eligibility for settlement so we can start naturalisation / BC processes...

...Weeping may endure for a night, but Joy Comes in The Morning -Ps30v5

caligirl
Newly Registered

Post by caligirl » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:52 am

Received Passports yesterday in the post, 4 weeks from the day it was received by UKBA. Woo hoo! So happy to have that over and done with! Set (m) ILR Good luck to everyone else waiting!

obamaman
Newly Registered

very fast timeline

Post by obamaman » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Posted SET(m) on the 27th jan 2011. Got my ILR in the post 16th feb 2011!!!
I wish to thank God and everyone in this board for taking the pains to share your experience,knowledge and kindness here.I wish to thank Casa, batleykhan and sushdmehta for giving me attention when i was asking all the questions. Thanks guys and God bless you all.
For those still waiting,- Yours is on the way as the HO seems to be firing on all cylinders now.

sam800

Post by sam800 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:43 am

hi lumera,

thanks for your advice and support. i will stick in there. congrats to you and family on getting ILR.

also, congrats to all who are getting ILR approvals in 4-6 weeks!!

best wishes,
sam

sam800

Re: My application -- APPROVED

Post by sam800 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi friends,
Just wanted to update you all that finally I got my ILR approved !!! last night for myself, wife and child. It was a long and anxious wait, but I got a lot of advice and support from forum members right from the beginning when I was collecting documents and preparing cover letter.

My sincere wishes to all who are patiently waiting, hopefully everything will turn out positive for you..

Here are details of ILR approval:
Received packet from them : 23-feb-2011 (by registered signed for delivery)
Passport stamp date : 14-feb-2011 (Liverpool office)

-All the best
Sam

lumera
- thin ice -

Re: My application -- APPROVED

Post by lumera » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:11 pm

sam800 wrote:Hi friends,
Just wanted to update you all that finally I got my ILR approved !!! last night for myself, wife and child. It was a long and anxious wait, but I got a lot of advice and support from forum members right from the beginning when I was collecting documents and preparing cover letter.

My sincere wishes to all who are patiently waiting, hopefully everything will turn out positive for you..

Here are details of ILR approval:
Received packet from them : 23-feb-2011 (by registered signed for delivery)
Passport stamp date : 14-feb-2011 (Liverpool office)

-All the best
Sam

Congratulations...I knew the wait was almost over and certain the good news were imminent...enjoy the moment ...
BTW, did you get a backdated letter regarding the qualification for naturalisation and BC per the JR ruling...

sam800

Backdated letter for qualification for naturalization

Post by sam800 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi lumera,

Thanks. No, I have not received any such letter. The letter accompanying this approval just says 'returning passport and docs with an extension of stay in the UK'.
Not very happy with their communications, as I did not even receive the acknowledgemet letter earlier from them when I had sent in the forms :-(.

Please could you please tell me more about qualification for naturalization for people like us who are under HSMP + Judicial Review category or point me to some website you know ?

When are you applying/eligible for naturalization ?

Thanks,
Sam
lumera wrote: Congratulations...I knew the wait was almost over and certain the good news were imminent...enjoy the moment ...
BTW, did you get a backdated letter regarding the qualification for naturalisation and BC per the JR ruling...

Missy_j

Post by Missy_j » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Hi Guys, My hubby has sent off the set(m) for ILR on 24th February 2011.
We have made payment by debit card.
Lets see how long it will take. from previous posts it seems like visa's are being granted within a month. I so hope my hubby also gets it within a month.

Our finances are not so good, that is why I am a bit concerned. However everything else is in order.

Will keep everyone posted.

lumera
- thin ice -

Re: Backdated letter for qualification for naturalization

Post by lumera » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:09 pm

sam800 wrote:Hi lumera,

Thanks. No, I have not received any such letter. The letter accompanying this approval just says 'returning passport and docs with an extension of stay in the UK'.
Not very happy with their communications, as I did not even receive the acknowledgemet letter earlier from them when I had sent in the forms :-(.

Please could you please tell me more about qualification for naturalization for people like us who are under HSMP + Judicial Review category or point me to some website you know ?

When are you applying/eligible for naturalization ?

Thanks,
Sam
lumera wrote: Congratulations...I knew the wait was almost over and certain the good news were imminent...enjoy the moment ...
Hi Sam,

The following path will give details on naturalisation:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... alisation/

Eligibility for naturalisation actually depends to a large extent when you got your HSMP approval letter? This could be 4 or 5 years...When exactly did you get the letter and when did you get entry clearance?

Good luck...

C.R.Reddy
Newly Registered

Post by C.R.Reddy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 pm

I have called them 1 week back and said its still under processing... Nothing more than that.I have seen people during that period has got there visa's.

I have travel plans to celebrate my son's first b'day. I don't know when we will get our passports..

Really undergoing painful period.

Congrats to all of them who has got there visa's ..

Cheers.
C.R
lumera wrote:

Cheers,
C.R
I think you should give UKBA a call if you haven't from them...I believe they have be clearing alot of backlog and a decision should have be effected regarding your case...I am very optimistic about this!

ILRApplicant2011
Newly Registered

Post by ILRApplicant2011 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:41 pm

caligirl wrote:I sent ILR set(M) 18 January.
Received 19 January
Payment taken 20 January
Received acknowledgement letter about a week later, dated 19 January. And now just waiting! :)
Hi, I have applied on the same date using set(o) form. Awaiting reply. Plz let me know once you get any answer. Thanks.

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:56 pm

C.R.Reddy wrote:I have called them 1 week back and said its still under processing... Nothing more than that.I have seen people during that period has got there visa's.

I have travel plans to celebrate my son's first b'day. I don't know when we will get our passports..

Cheers.
C.R
lumera wrote:

Cheers,
C.R
Usually, when you give them that call they wake up...did they give u ur case ID? Did they say they'll write you?

You will sing a new song soon...victory is on the way!

C.R.Reddy
Newly Registered

Post by C.R.Reddy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:56 am

I have got Acknowledgement letter assigned a reference number it. They didn't tell any thing else. Just said under processing.

Cheers
C.R
lumera wrote:
C.R.Reddy wrote:I have called them 1 week back and said its still under processing... Nothing more than that.I have seen people during that period has got there visa's.

Cheers.
C.R
lumera wrote:

Cheers,
C.R
Usually, when you give them that call they wake up...did they give u ur case ID? Did they say they'll write you?

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:49 pm

C.R.Reddy wrote:I have got Acknowledgement letter assigned a reference number it. They didn't tell any thing else. Just said under processing.

Cheers
C.R
lumera wrote:

Cheers.
C.R
lumera wrote:

Was this acknowledgement after the application or after the follow-up call?