ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years Long Residency visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shabiumer
Newly Registered

10 Years Long Residency visa

Post by shabiumer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi there,
I have lillte query in my mind regarding 10 years long residency. I have been here in uk for 5 years as student and 2 years on psw. now my wife is here as student for 3 yearsand now am going back to get dependent visa. Does this effect my ''continous'' stay in uk. I never been out of uk consecutively more than six months and overall 18 month.
Can I be able to apply, after 7 years of stay in uk and visa runs out and come back again within six months as dependent from home country, for long residency.
Your helpful comments would be appreciated.

joh118

Re: 10 Years Long Residency visa

Post by joh118 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:46 pm

shabiumer wrote:Hi there,
I have lillte query in my mind regarding 10 years long residency. I have been here in uk for 5 years as student and 2 years on psw. now my wife is here as student for 3 yearsand now am going back to get dependent visa. Does this effect my ''continous'' stay in uk. I never been out of uk consecutively more than six months and overall 18 month.
Can I be able to apply, after 7 years of stay in uk and visa runs out and come back again within six months as dependent from home country, for long residency.
Your helpful comments would be appreciated.
obviously, you will need to live here for 10 years before being able to apply.
As long as you leave the UK whilst you have a valid visa and come back to the UK within 6 months on the new dependant visa, your continuous residence is not broken.