ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier - 1 dependant rejected. please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

allgo

Appealed

Post by allgo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 am

Hi friends
Just to update my followup action on this thread-
My wife appealed with folowing docs
1) Original statements that were submitted with initial application that got refused
2) Fresh original statements reissud by bank for same date range
3) Letter from bank confirming between those 3 months minimum balance had been £ XXX.

plus a cover letter explaining funds.
Courier reached Delhi BHC on 31st Jan 2010.
Now fingers crossed. Hoping for a speedy resolution from Delhi BHC itself as we have submitted original statements as well as an additional letter from bank as maintenance proof.

Any clue how BHC actually will let us know? do they call or send letter or email?
Thanks

Boyai_pkr
Newly Registered

Appeal

Post by Boyai_pkr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi Algo/Moderators,

While submitting the appeal form do we have to submit all the originals or just the photocopies. I plan to apply for a new one, after waiting for few weeks on the appeal. If we submit all the originals along with the appeal then how to we apply for a fresh one.

Regards,
Boyai

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi ALL,

UK BA wont accept HSBC Duplicate statements,even bank printed. On the top of the statement its showing clearly Duplicate Statement.

I went HSBC UK bank i asked them about this, they clearly told Home Office will reject.

So please wait to get the statement date until you receive it your home address.

Hi allgo,

i dont think your appeal is win,because you have provided different bank formats. But hopefully you will win and we will pray for that.

Mayurkakadiya
Newly Registered

Post by Mayurkakadiya » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:42 pm

you need to show last three month bank statements original.

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:16 pm

I checked with couple of HSBC branch in London and they said Homeoffice would accept this statement.

Personally, I had submitted similar statments for my initial HSMP, then tier 1 extension and family visitor visa very latest as 28 Jan 2011. All these times, it was successful. Maybe it depends on the ECO.

I'm waiting for another result for my child Tier 1 dependent visa. Hoping it should clear without any issues.
chandu1234 wrote:Hi ALL,

UK BA wont accept HSBC Duplicate statements,even bank printed. On the top of the statement its showing clearly Duplicate Statement.

I went HSBC UK bank i asked them about this, they clearly told Home Office will reject.

So please wait to get the statement date until you receive it your home address.

Hi allgo,

i dont think your appeal is win,because you have provided different bank formats. But hopefully you will win and we will pray for that.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:12 pm

You are also allowed to get a letter (on bank's official letter headed paper) from the bank confirming:

1. Your name
2. Account Details
3. That you have maintained a minimum balance of £xxxx for 90 consecutive days between xxxx date and xxxx date.
4. The funds are accessible at will.
5. Signed by a bank official
6. Bank official contact details (which will 99% be the branch detail).

The advantage of getting a letter is that you can request one at anytime, so you dont have to wait for the statements.

I just applied for my spouse's dependant visa and got such a letter from Natwest.

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Yes, that's cool...When I applied and I had checked with more than 3-4 HSBC branches and they said they wont provide such letters....Anyone have got a letter from HSBC?

Cheers
chosenaik wrote:You are also allowed to get a letter (on bank's official letter headed paper) from the bank confirming:

1. Your name
2. Account Details
3. That you have maintained a minimum balance of £xxxx for 90 consecutive days between xxxx date and xxxx date.
4. The funds are accessible at will.
5. Signed by a bank official
6. Bank official contact details (which will 99% be the branch detail).

The advantage of getting a letter is that you can request one at anytime, so you dont have to wait for the statements.

I just applied for my spouse's dependant visa and got such a letter from Natwest.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi, I dont know if this will help but you can speak with HSBC and tell them that natwest is providing such a letter (E.g. the branch opposite Bank tube station) so why are HSBC not doing the same? Tell them to show you where is it writen that they cant provide the letter. You are a customer and it is your right to get such a letter. Its only a statement of fact and you are not asking for their opinion on anything.

A lot of the times these bansk are just being difficult. They are all regulated unders ame rules and cant just say no to customer requests, without a valid reason.

Again, I'm not sure if this will help you, but I'd give it a try.

allgo

Post by allgo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:00 am

Had emailed visqrydelhi about status of appeal and got back following reply.

Thank you for your email .

Kindly note that your case in Appeals . A decision on your case will now take place in the UK, not in India. We have no influence at all over how long the appeal process takes but you should be aware that it can often take several months for the appeal to be heard. We would appreciate it if you could help us to continue providing a good service to all of our customers by not telephoning, or visiting this office, to check on the progress of your appeal. We are not updated on the progress of individual appeals, and we are unable to give you an idea of how long your application will take to be heard.

An Immigration Judge will determine the outcome of your appeal. This decision will then be sent to you and to our office. If your appeal is successful, and unchallenged by the Home Office, we will proceed with your application. If your appeal fails, your case will be regarded as closed.

If you should wish to contact AIT direct their details are:

Asylum and Immigration Tribunal
PO Box 6987
Leicester
LE1 6ZX

Tel: 0845 6000 877
Minicom: 0845 6060 766

Fax: 0116 249 4130

Email: customer.service@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk

Not too sure if this means local BHC didnt review it or they have reviewed it and now forwarded to UK? I checked with UK tribunal and they still dont have any details - however I need to admit the people in UK AIT were really polite and did try to help look for it in different systems and continued on phone until I had any questions.

I am wondering if it is still in BHC under review? if so good.. else I think I may have to make a fresh application as hearing in UK takes a lot of time. But anyways will wait till end of Feb to check if decision gets overturned by Local BHC. fingers crossed.

Moderators/ other people will appeal experience please advice.

allgo

Post by allgo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:03 am

Absolutely that is acceptable. It is a original statement issued by bank. I had checked with couple of HSBC branches and they both said this should be deemed as original. May be individual ECO .. but in my case I am very sure they overlooked the originals as they clearly mentioned "photocopy". no mention of duplicate. How on earth someone can think those are photocopies.
maximux79 wrote:I checked with couple of HSBC branch in London and they said Homeoffice would accept this statement.

Personally, I had submitted similar statments for my initial HSMP, then tier 1 extension and family visitor visa very latest as 28 Jan 2011. All these times, it was successful. Maybe it depends on the ECO.

I'm waiting for another result for my child Tier 1 dependent visa. Hoping it should clear without any issues.
chandu1234 wrote:Hi ALL,

Hi allgo,

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:11 pm

[quote="allgo"]Absolutely that is acceptable. It is a original statement issued by bank. I had checked with couple of HSBC branches and they both said this should be deemed as original. May be individual ECO .. but in my case I am very sure they overlooked the originals as they clearly mentioned "photocopy". no mention of duplicate. How on earth someone can think those are photocopies.

[quote="maximux79"]I checked with couple of HSBC branch in London and they said Homeoffice would accept this statement.

[quote="chandu1234"]Hi ALL,

Hi allgo,

i dont think your appeal is win,because you have provided different bank formats. But hopefully you will win and we will pray for that.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

[color=blue]"Personally, I had submitted similar statments for my initial HSMP, then tier 1 extension and family visitor visa very latest as 28 Jan 2011. All these times, it was successful. Maybe it depends on the ECO."

for HSMP time there is no guidelines for UKBA. they havent setup proper at that time.

for tier 1 extension is in country applications..for in country application they accept printouts also..because they can track in online.

for visiting visa also printouts are enough....because they are not eligible for work and settle here[/color]

krisvraman78
Newly Registered

Post by krisvraman78 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:51 am

Just to reiterate what maximux79 & allgo has said, I had submitted the HSBC duplicate (Not Photocopy) bank statements and have received the dependant visa for my son under Tier 1 general category.

allgo

Post by allgo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Update from my side -

Yesterday my wife got a letter from Delhi BHC and they have overturned the decision of refusal locally and have asked to send passport :-)
Appeal - 31st Jan
2nd Dec - they sent acknowledgement where they had cocked up the address a bit and reached home on 17th Feb

28th feb - refusal overturned

7th march - approval letter received
Thanks everybody in the group who helped me and guided me.

Any idea how long the stamping of the passport takes?

I have learnt a lot while going through this appeal process and will soon create a thread with the DOs and Do NOTs and useful links. :-)

UKorUS
Newly Registered

Post by UKorUS » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:45 pm

allgo wrote:Update from my side -

Yesterday my wife got a letter from Delhi BHC and they have overturned the decision of refusal locally and have asked to send passport :-)
Appeal - 31st Jan
2nd Dec - they sent acknowledgement where they had cocked up the address a bit and reached home on 17th Feb

28th feb - refusal overturned

7th march - approval letter received
Congrats. This is indeed a confidence booster. I have a similar maintenance appeal case - 319C and waiting anxiously. Your appeal timelines are indeed encouraging.

allgo

Post by allgo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:45 am

further update -
Passport stamped on 14th March.

So in effect within 6 weeks of appealing passport stamped with visa.
Will be creating the appeal info thread soon as promised earlier so that it can be of help for people in similar situation like me in future.