ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visa help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kafm
Newly Registered

Marriage Visa help

Post by kafm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi,

I found this forum afew days ago while searching for information and have had a read through some threads but I am still
very new to this and alittle lost.

My wife and I were recently married in India, I am now back living in the U.K and we are about to apply for her visa. I am pretty
sure I know what evidence is needed, just lacking some knowledge in certain areas and looking for advice.

I'm not sure about whether im supposed to be sending original documents or photocopies and whether the copies/ printouts
need signing by a solicitor to confirm they are real and what I need in the covering letter from the solicitor?

Secondly, for the past 4 months I have been working for myself as an electrician, I don't have wage slips and am often paid in
cash which I put into my account at irregular intervals, I might not pay anything in for 4 or 5 weeks then put a lump sum in,
it varies. I am not sure how to prove my income, I have business cards, invoices, newspaper advertisements and my
bank account currently has £6 - 7000. I am leaving self employment and returning to work for a large company next month and I
have my contract etc.

I have spent alot of money in the last couple of months, christmas, travelling, wedding costs which means I havn't saved as
I would be able to under normal circumstances.

We will be living with my dad and step mum, I currently live with them and my wife with be joining as part of the family. The
house has 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms etc and all bills are paid by my parents and this will continue as one extra person won't
add a significant amount to the household bills. They are happy with this as it allows us to save a deposit for our own house.
I think this is alright and acceptable. The only bills I pay are mobile and internet each month so my outgoings are very little.

Im guessing I need a letter from my parents confirming they are happy with the above arrangement along with copies of deeds
of the house and some photos to show there is plenty of room?

My list of documents will be

Copy of -
Passport
Birth cert.
Driving licence
3 months bank statements (originals) showing incoming and outgoings
qualification certificates
business cards, advertisements, invoices
new contract of employment
covering letter from me

airline e ticket printouts for 4 journeys
hotel confirmation print outs
train ticket print outs

examples of emails spanning just over a year
e cards, sent cards
photographs
wedding invites,wedding photographs
marriage certificate

house deeds
letter from parents confirming living arrangements
photographs of accomodation

settlement form

solicitor letter?

Apologies in advance if this is a major repeat, I just want to be sure and upto date,If anyone can offer any advise or add to
what I may need I would be most grateful.

My main concerns are the income proof, accomodation and what I need from the solicitor and whether I need to send original documents or copies.

Many thanks.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Read my post in this link.Whilst it is for primarily for applicants for Pakistan, it is more a less same for India as well

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:30 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kafm
Newly Registered

Post by kafm » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:49 am

Thanks for the links, puts me in the right direction :)