ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa Validity Date concerns! Help Requested!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zain_mustapha
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa Validity Date concerns! Help Requested!

Post by zain_mustapha » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:32 am

Hi All. I had applied for Tier 1 visa in Oct'10 and got it in Nov'10 with a validity for 3 years from Jan 2011 to Jan 2014.
The UKBA site says visa applications from after April 2010 (like mine) would be granted visa valid for 2 years with a 3 years extension later.

Should i be concerned if i have been granted a 3 yr visa owing to an error? Should i worry that at the time of extension it would be 3+3 for me instead of 3+2?

I am applying for 'dependent' visa for my wife and son this week and thus need urgent help. Would appreciate some official word such a link etc as well.
Many Thanks

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:57 am

You need to inform home office /British high commission about it to avoid any further problems.

zain_mustapha
Newly Registered

Post by zain_mustapha » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:02 am

Hi...thanks..i just hope it is not a serious problem since i already have got a date to apply for my dependents visa next week. Plus i am travelling to UK in the next couple of days for a 3-4 day visit.
Kindly provide any specific email address one can write to reach the right person in UKBA who can give an opinion.
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:40 pm

You should get the endorsement corrected from the issuing post or UKBA (when in UK). Since you will be returning to home country after the short visit, you should ideally get it done from the issuing post. But can be done in UK also.

ECB19.3 An incorrect Tier 1, 2 or 5 PBS endorsement.

The total leave (inclusive of 1 extension) will be 5 years, not 6.

regards

zain_mustapha
Newly Registered

Post by zain_mustapha » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:38 am

Thanks alot for the link and your guidance.

If possible can you please confirm which route would be quicker through the local VAC or UKBA? The local VAC (Karachi) am asuming will send the passport to Abu Dhabi where the BHC last stamped it? Or would you know if these changes eitherway go to UK?

Would appreciate if you have any idea how long does it get the change done? I have an appointment at the VAC on Feb 17th but need to join the company in UK latest by Feb end.

zain_mustapha
Newly Registered

Post by zain_mustapha » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi Sushdmehta,

Taking your advice i immediately contacted the BHC in Abu Dhabi from where my visa was issued and i got the following response from them. Should i relax now and feel comfortable that my visa was issued correctly?

At the time of extension would i still be granted extension of 2 years and not 3 years? Pasting their response below:

To: yrasool@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 13:12:10 +0400
Subject: RE: Tier 1 Visa Valid for 3 years

Dear Mr Yawer,

Thank you for your email of 14th February 2011. Please note that your visa has been issued was issued correctly. Your visa is valid for 3 years.
Tier 1 (General) Migrant dependant applications are still accepted.

Regards,

Visa Enquiries Desk 01
Abu dhabi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Keep the email safe. Include it in your extension application (when the time comes to apply for it).
sushdmehta wrote:The total leave (inclusive of 1 extension) will be 5 years, not 6.

regards

zain_mustapha
Newly Registered

Post by zain_mustapha » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks for the guidance and help. I intend to carry the email print.

gzvnn2
Newly Registered

Post by gzvnn2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:03 pm

hello zain,

I am also in the same sitautaion , but my extension was given for 3yrs instead of 2yrs.

did you contact ukba and got it corected?
if so what is the time line ?

kindly let me know ur opinion.

thanks