ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Dependent visa’s rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

infocen
Newly Registered

2 Dependent visa’s rejected

Post by infocen » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:31 am

Hi,

my visa application for my Wife and Daughter was rejected with the reason that I submitted a copy of the Marriage registration and not the originals. But i did submit the original and it was the same certificate that I submitted for my Tier 1 general application. Since my wifes was rejected, my daughters application was also rejected.

I can now appeal, saying that I submitted the original and include it in the appeal. I also have another copy of the original certificate which I am planning to use and apply fresh when the appeal is in progress.

Seniors, what are the chances that the appeal will be over turned locally? and how long does it generally take?

on the other hand, now that I have traveled to the UK and back now after getting a Job which I will start only in April, do I need to mention the details of the Employer in the application and can I state that I am back in India and dont have an address in the UK currently?

please advice.

infocen
Newly Registered

Post by infocen » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:59 am

Hi,

if anyone can suggest it would be great, since I am planning on reapplying next week.

Thanks for all the guidance.

chandu1234

Post by chandu1234 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:33 pm

[quote="infocen"]Hi,

if anyone can suggest it would be great, since I am planning on reapplying next week.

Thanks for all the guidance.[/quote]

---------------

please tell me what the UKBA REJECTION CLEARLY...THEN i can suggest you

and also please check your name and your wife name in all documents. is any difference in anywhere?

infocen
Newly Registered

Post by infocen » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:55 pm

Hi,

the exact wording in the rejection.

"You state that you are married to the Points Based Migrant and as a evidence of this you have submitted a non judicial affidavit copy of your marriage certificate. Published guidance states that any documentary evidence that the family member provides must be the original unless we say otherwise. As you have not submitted your original marriage registration certificate, i am not satisfied that you are related as claimed to the Points based Migrant."

I did submit the original and this was the same i used for my application and also the same I used a year back when I migrated to Europe.

I am not sure what is wrong. It is on a stamp paper with the home department seal and signature.

Let me know if I should be doing something else before the new application please. Thanks.

infocen
Newly Registered

Post by infocen » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:59 am

Hi,

can someone please reply?

allgo

Post by allgo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm

My wife's dependant vis ahad been rejected stating she had not submitted original bank statements... but photocopies. While she had submitted originals and they were even present in the packet returned by BHC.
We have now appealed on 31st Jan and waiting for results.

Yes you can file an appeal and still make a fresh application later.

Make sure you have one version of original marriage certi with you so that you can reapply (normally you get 2 ceritifcates for marriage registry).

chances are your appeal may be reviewed in local BHC and they overturn the decision locally. flowcharts can be found here
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/appeal ... es#4618917

local BHC = POST

Btw not too sure if your marriage certi is entirely in English? Not too sure what they mean by "non judicial".

I had applied in Kolkata VFS and decision was madein Delhi BHC. Then appealed in Delhi BHC directly.Waiting eargerly for a positive response from them.
wish you all the best

infocen
Newly Registered

Post by infocen » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Thanks Allgo, its the same in my case, they returned the original as well. I do have 2 original's with me so I am planning to Appeal and Reapply as well.

Regarding my other questions, can any senior member answer those regarding me being back now in India, what do I need to show when making a new application. The Arrival and departure stamps and a offer letter from the UK company is enough?

I can mention that I dont have address now in the UK right?

infocen
Newly Registered

Post by infocen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 pm

can anyone please reply, I want to reapply ASAP.

Thanks

infocen
Newly Registered

Post by infocen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi,

I am planning to get the Marriage certificate Notarized, do you think that is ok to do so and should prove BHC that its the original? let me know if you have any comments please.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Who has issued the affidavit? And what does the affidavit state? Please post exact relevant content, minus the personal details.

regards

infocen
Newly Registered

Post by infocen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi Sushdmetha, its issued by the corporation of trivandrum.

its says Certificate of marriage.

Place of marriage
Date of marriage
Name of Husband/Wife
Age of Husband/Wife
Birth Place of Husband/Wife
Civil Condition of Husband/Wife
Occupation of Husband/Wife
Residence Address of Husband/Wife
Name of Father of Husband/Wife
Witness

Registerd as No.
Date of extract
Local Register Number

Its then has the corporation seal and sign.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:35 pm

The format of the certificate issued seems to be in accordance with what is stated on the Kerala Government website ... and therefore a valid marriage certificate!
Marriage Registration wrote:Certificate will be issued on stamp paper of RS 10/- produced by the parties and payment of RS 2/-. Services rendered by the Society Registrar (District Registrar).
My two cents - While the document is a valid document of registration of marriage, but the fact that it has been issued is perhaps the reason caseworker / ECO arrived at a conclusion that it is an "affidavit" instead.

Whether you apply again / appeal the refusal, the applicant / representative / lawyer will have to provide clear explanation of the local law(s) and procedures for the ECO / immigration judge to understand the intricacies and be convinced that the document is indeed a legal marriage certificate and not an "affidavit".

Submitting a "notarized" copy is of no use, since the original document has not been considered as a "marriage certificate".

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:38 pm

A similar case.

regards

infocen
Newly Registered

Post by infocen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:46 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta. I am also planning to register the marriage here in Bangalore where I live currently and get a marriage certificate from there as well.

[url]http://www.karigr.org/actsrules/otherac ... rforms.pdf[/url]

let me know if thats sensible to do as well.

Thanks a lot for your support.

infocen
Newly Registered

Post by infocen » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:21 am

Hi,

If I explain in the covering letter that this is the way the Marriage certificate is given in Kerala and attach a copy of the website and provide them the link to the site will that be enough?

Or do we have to give any legal sections etc to explain this to them?

Thanks.

pr123
Newly Registered

Post by pr123 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:09 am

Hi Infocon,
Can you please let me know if the marriage certificate issued by Trivandrum corporation (Government of Kerala) was accepted? We have received a similar certificate and planning to apply with it. Hope it will not be rejected in the same grounds as yours.

Thanks in advance.