ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How important is letter from Employer ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

How important is letter from Employer ?

Post by Son_of_Soil » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Hi
I was on HSMP and then given Tier 1 as JR,i have been working from last 3 years for the same employer , I was wondering if my employer doesn't give me letter when I go for my ILR in November 2011. What will be my other options?

Regards

wpleo

Post by wpleo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Why your employer would not give you a letter, providing you are still employed by them when the application is due?

You can use employment contract backed by payslips etc.

Remember all this is a variation, as technically speaking the guide does not state the need for this letter per se, but I guess it makes the applicant's position stronger.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks, My relations with my new manager is not that good! I asked her to sign a letter last month for my parents to get visa. But she refused, saying she cnt, had to get it from my HR.

I read the format of letter for ILR, there is a line saying that company require me for it's future , she may refuse to sign this. I m just concerned as like I said my relation with her are not great!

I m due in November this year hut need to make sure what option I have incase she refuse to sign .
Seniors pls advise
Regards

wpleo wrote:Why your employer would not give you a letter, providing you are still employed by them when the application is due?

You can use employment contract backed by payslips etc.

Remember all this is a variation, as technically speaking the guide does not state the need for this letter per se, but I guess it makes the applicant's position stronger.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:37 pm

No worry

She is right. You need to get letter from HR. No need to include "you are required for future etc)

Request a letter...

To whome it may concern

Name. xxx
Date of birth xxxx
Job Titlexxx
Start datexxx
Annual Salaryxxx

Any question, please contact xxxx

Regards

bani

Post by bani » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:42 pm

The above is true. The "required for the future" part is only for Tier 2 migrants, not Tier 1.

So all the info you need is what Sky_high posted. Additional info - if you have taken international business trips, then this should be stated with the dates in the letter. This is because you have to stick to under 180 personal days for ILR, so it is good to list the days absent due to business separately. Good luck.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi sky_high

thanks very much for the information. The reason i asked her to sign the letter was because my previous manager signed it for me on couple of occasions.

I think they wouldn't have any issue in giving a general letter stating all the info you mentioned.

Also i have been reading posts from different ppl about salary requirement for ILR . like others i didn't have to show any salary as i was covered by HSMP JR. So do we know what will b the requirements or we still dnt know.

thanxs a lot

Sky_High wrote:No worry

She is right. You need to get letter from HR. No need to include "you are required for future etc)

Request a letter...

To whome it may concern

Name. xxx
Date of birth xxxx
Job Titlexxx
Start datexxx
Annual Salaryxxx

Any question, please contact xxxx

Regards

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Bani
thanks for reply. i m still under 180 days of my holiday entitlement.
i was just concerned about that particular line.
i m due for ilr in november.
Do we know the salary criteria for ILR for HSMP JR?

regards

bani wrote:The above is true. The "required for the future" part is only for Tier 2 migrants, not Tier 1.

So all the info you need is what Sky_high posted. Additional info - if you have taken international business trips, then this should be stated with the dates in the letter. This is because you have to stick to under 180 personal days for ILR, so it is good to list the days absent due to business separately. Good luck.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:29 am

Any News on the salary criteria for HSMP JR for 5 years stay

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:36 pm

No salary critria for ILR - You will be fine

ILR is the most simple and easy application - easier than getting student visa or T1 visa....!