ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric residence permit(BRP) - Query, please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goswamivarun
Newly Registered

Biometric residence permit(BRP) - Query, please help

Post by goswamivarun » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:51 am

Hi friends

I am going to apply for my tier1 extension soon and aware that I have to apply for a biometric residence permit. In the application form(section 2- C9) it asks to furnish your biometric residence permit details like
BRP
Nationality
Issue date, expiry date, place of issue etc

Whereas in the guidance notes, it says that UK border agency after they have received your application will send you a notification to book an appointment for BRP which means that it will be separate of your application form.

I am a bit confused with Section-2, C9 of the application form, is it asking for my BRP when the tier1 visa was issued earlier? In that case, I dont have any details because it was part of the application process in India and they never passed on any BRP details to me.

Please help.

Best Regards
Varun

ateer

Post by ateer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi,

I am planning to send my visa for extension as well and have a same question in mind. Although I had given my biometrics details at the time of initial application in India, I never received any BRP from them then. So I dont have a BRP now but I know I went through a process of giving Biometric details but never got an acknowledgement as such from them about it. I guess it is only applicable to those who have got their BRP details from their previous application handy.

meetalisharma7
Newly Registered

Post by meetalisharma7 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi,

I have the same question. However after spending some time on forums and home office websites I think its a new thing, this BRP, so It doesnt matter if they took our fingerprints before, after we have applied for the visa, they will send a letter for getting our biometrics done and we'll have to go to one of the post offices to get it done, then they will proceed with our application.

btw me and my husband applied on 3rd feb, our fees have been cut but no letter till now. waiting for it.

all the best to you folks.

ateer

Post by ateer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks for the reply and sharing your opinion. I guess currently it's taking two months on average to receive the passport back, but this is not official. This is based on my research in the forum. So I guess the delay is expected. The only worry for me in that case is what would one do if they HAVE to go to their home country for some urgent matters even for a day? Are there any work around to that problem? Also, want to know if people are taking a copy of their passport before submitting the application. I have never sent application through post in the past so I am a bit nervous about that.

Regards,
ateer

goswamivarun
Newly Registered

Post by goswamivarun » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks a lot for your replies guys. Appreciate it.

Dont worry about sending your passport by post, it is absolutely safe, make sure you send it through special delivery so that you can track it.

@ Meetali - did you include the biometric details in your appln form(section 2, C9) or did you leave out that section blank?

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Tier 1 (General) application form -> page 75 wrote:C10-C13 If the applicant’s current grant of leave was issued on a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) he/she must also provide the Biometric Residence Permit in order for the application to be valid, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form.

regards

meetalisharma7
Newly Registered

Post by meetalisharma7 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi,

sorry for late reply, I left it blank. we got the letter on 16th feb in which its mentioned that we have to provide our biometric so we got appointment for that on 1st march. then we'll get our BRP and they will proceed with our application.