ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to HSMP.. Legal Requirement to tell the employer..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TotalZone
Newly Registered

WP to HSMP.. Legal Requirement to tell the employer..

Post by TotalZone » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:47 pm

Requesting to help in following..
I am on a work permit. I work for an Indian Company and based at client's site in UK.
If I apply for HSMP and assuming for a moment that I would get it, Can I continue to work for the same employer ?
i.e. without informing the employer that I have switched from WP to HSMP ? Or are there any legal requirements to inform the employer ?
Thank you.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:56 pm

Hi TotalZone,

I dont think there are any legal requirements to tell your employer and you can keep working with your employer. I did the same, I was on work permit and then got HSMP but I continued working with same employer and I am still working with them.
But morally you can tell them if you feel like, otherwise it is not necessary
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

TotalZone
Newly Registered

Post by TotalZone » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:51 pm

Thanks Indian_In_Uk.. much appreciated !!!