ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lots of questions about naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Teacup
Newly Registered

Lots of questions about naturalization application

Post by Teacup » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:24 pm

We are a family of four (2 kids - 12 and 6) who will be applying for our citizenship next month. We received our ILR on 14th December 2009. I have a few queries regarding my application and I would be grateful if anyone could help clarify these.Some questions may sound silly, but still ...

1) If I apply on Dec 13th and the NCS sends the application to the HO on 14th Dec, is that OK? Or should I have to fill in my application and thus go to the NCS on the 14th?

2) My husband left the country on a business trip on 13th Dec 2006 and returned next day on 14th Dec 2006.Will this be counted as an absence? Or can I consider that he was in the country exactly 5 years before we made the application?

3) We will be going out of the country on a holiday on 17th Dec and returning on the 3rd of Jan. Is there any requirement that you need to wait after you have sent your application to the HO? We will be giving our mobile number on the application form and this is worldwide roaming, so if they do have to contact us they should be able to at any time.The only problem I see here is if the payment gets rejected if all the documents are in order and the application is straightforward. However if I pay by direct debit, will this be an issue still?

4) We are going to ask our kids nursery/after school club manager to sign as a professional refree. The nursery is OFSTED registered. Is this acceptable? Can she sign as a professional refree on our application forms too? My second refree is an engineer from an Indian engineering college who is a British citizen. Can she sign as a professional refree on our forms if the Nursery manager is not acceptable?

5) Do I need a reference letter from my company? Also, all our salary slips are in the form of electronic copies. Should P45s suffice?

6) Do I need a reference letter from the kids schools for both the kids?

7) We had taken our life in the UK test last year when we applied for our ILR. I am assuming that there is no need to worry about this and we can attach the same certificate.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Teacup

Smallfamily

Re: Lots of questions about naturalization application

Post by Smallfamily » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Teacup wrote:We are a family of four (2 kids - 12 and 6) who will be applying for our citizenship next month. We received our ILR on 14th December 2009. I have a few queries regarding my application and I would be grateful if anyone could help clarify these.Some questions may sound silly, but still ...

1) If I apply on Dec 13th and the NCS sends the application to the HO on 14th Dec, is that OK? Or should I have to fill in my application and thus go to the NCS on the 14th?

2) My husband left the country on a business trip on 13th Dec 2006 and returned next day on 14th Dec 2006.Will this be counted as an absence? Or can I consider that he was in the country exactly 5 years before we made the application?

3) We will be going out of the country on a holiday on 17th Dec and returning on the 3rd of Jan. Is there any requirement that you need to wait after you have sent your application to the HO? We will be giving our mobile number on the application form and this is worldwide roaming, so if they do have to contact us they should be able to at any time.The only problem I see here is if the payment gets rejected if all the documents are in order and the application is straightforward. However if I pay by direct debit, will this be an issue still?

4) We are going to ask our kids nursery/after school club manager to sign as a professional refree. The nursery is OFSTED registered. Is this acceptable? Can she sign as a professional refree on our application forms too? My second refree is an engineer from an Indian engineering college who is a British citizen. Can she sign as a professional refree on our forms if the Nursery manager is not acceptable?

5) Do I need a reference letter from my company? Also, all our salary slips are in the form of electronic copies. Should P45s suffice?

6) Do I need a reference letter from the kids schools for both the kids?

7) We had taken our life in the UK test last year when we applied for our ILR. I am assuming that there is no need to worry about this and we can attach the same certificate.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Teacup
I know the answers to some of ur questions which are as follow:

2)No, it won't be counted as an absense because your hasband was physically present in UK on those calender dates.

3) You are supposed to be in UK for atleast 5 working days after sending your applications.

6)Yes, you definately need letters from schools which should show the dates i.e. when your children started their schools.

7)Yes you have to attach the same certificate.

Hope all this helps and good luck for your apps :)

Teacup
Newly Registered

Post by Teacup » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Thank you Smallfamily for your quick response.

Is there any reason why one needs to be in the country for 5 working days? Is this a rule or something that the HO advises.

Thank you,
Teacup

Teacup
Newly Registered

Post by Teacup » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:54 am

Hi,

Please can someone help me with my remaining queries?

Thank you,
Teacup

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:05 am

Teacup wrote:Thank you Smallfamily for your quick response.

Is there any reason why one needs to be in the country for 5 working days? Is this a rule or something that the HO advises.

Thank you,
Teacup
Hi Teacup, sorry for late response. all the applicants should remain in UK after submitting their applications to HO. So all i can say about this query is that even if u apply through NCS you will sign a paper in which you will tick one of those points stating that the applicant will be present in UK for next 5 working days. Hope this helps

Teacup
Newly Registered

Post by Teacup » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:20 pm

Thank you for your reply. That makes sense now! I guess We will apply once we return from our vacation in that case.

Please can someone answer my other queries,especially the refree related ones? If these are not acceptable refrees, then I need to make sure I organize someone else to sign our forms before they all go on their XMas holidays!

Thanks
Teacup

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:34 am

There is a rumour about old forms being valid for 20ish days only after the last fees increase (which happened a week ago as you probably know).
So you may reconsider waiting for a new forms rather than having old forms signed before Xmas and then not being able to use them.

EDIT: Scrap the above - actually new form is in place since 22 November 2010 :oops:

Teacup
Newly Registered

Post by Teacup » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:23 am

Hi,

Please can someone tell me if my refrees are ok? I am going to be filling in the forms today and get their signatures before they go on holiday.

Thank you
Teacup

Teacup
Newly Registered

Post by Teacup » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi,

Please can someone comment on my query no. 4? Moderators please help!!

Thanks
Teacup

DEAL99
Newly Registered

Post by DEAL99 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi, did you get answer to your qn 4 ?
what did you do in the end? I am in the same situation.....

Thx

Teacup
Newly Registered

Post by Teacup » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:50 am

Deal99,

We went with the nursery manager (she is british) and my British friend (an engineer from an Indian institute) for all of us and had no problems whatsoever. The engineer friend signed as a professional referee on our forms, while the nursery manager on the kids.

Hope this helps
Teacup