ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Quick Qs

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sameeha
Newly Registered

2 Quick Qs

Post by sameeha » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:08 am

Hi All,
I am almost all set to apply for Tier 1 General (switching from Tier 2 ICT) and Tier 1 general dependent.
Just need clarification on these two things:
1. I am a salaried employee and draw salaries from my Company in India(just basic salary) and full salary at the UK counterpart. I landed in UK in mid Sept 2010. My Sept 2010 UK salary I got deposited into my husband's account (he is the only owner) as my account was not opened till then. Oct 2010 onwards I had my UK sal in my own UK account. Should I show the Sept 2010 salary at all in the 'previous earnings' calculation? I am able to make my points without the Sept salary. Is it OK to show India period upto August 2010 and UK period from Oct 2010 onwards? would a month's break affect my case?

2. For maintenance funds, I am planning to show amount in my personal acct with ICICI Bank, India. Is it regulated by RBI? I have the paper statements from the bank. Do I anything additional? like a letter from ICICI bank or may be RBI? Just saw a case where a T1G was refused saying that the Bank in q wasn't regulated by RBI.. hence this query.

Please respond to my queries soon. Would really appreciate quick resolution.

Many Thanks,
Sameeha

sameeha
Newly Registered

Post by sameeha » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:23 am

could someone please answer? awaiting eagerly for answers...

Thanks!

chandu1234

Re: 2 Quick Qs

Post by chandu1234 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:38 pm

[quote="sameeha"]Hi All,
I am almost all set to apply for Tier 1 General (switching from Tier 2 ICT) and Tier 1 general dependent.
Just need clarification on these two things:
1. I am a salaried employee and draw salaries from my Company in India(just basic salary) and full salary at the UK counterpart. I landed in UK in mid Sept 2010. My Sept 2010 UK salary I got deposited into my husband's account (he is the only owner) as my account was not opened till then. Oct 2010 onwards I had my UK sal in my own UK account. Should I show the Sept 2010 salary at all in the 'previous earnings' calculation? I am able to make my points without the Sept salary. Is it OK to show India period upto August 2010 and UK period from Oct 2010 onwards? would a month's break affect my case?

2. For maintenance funds, I am planning to show amount in my personal acct with ICICI Bank, India. Is it regulated by RBI? I have the paper statements from the bank. Do I anything additional? like a letter from ICICI bank or may be RBI? Just saw a case where a T1G was refused saying that the Bank in q wasn't regulated by RBI.. hence this query.

Please respond to my queries soon. Would really appreciate quick resolution.

Many Thanks,
Sameeha[/quote]

----------------

1) No you cant show like it should consecutive months only...you cant leave one month in b/w. If a month breaks then it will reject.

2)ICICI bank is regulated by RBI...so no problem for that....

you need bank statement(LOGO,seal and signature in all papers) and letter from the bank about your funds period.

sameeha
Newly Registered

Post by sameeha » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:49 am

Thanks for the reply chandu1234.

For point 1, The policy guidance document says the following:
'An applicant does not have to be in continuous or full-time employment during the 12 months being assessed.
An applicant may claim for a period of earnings of less than 12 months if they have earned sufficient funds to claim the necessary points'

Don't the above points imply that it should be OK to omit one month's salary in between? The point is I do have my UK salary slip with me, but the amount was credited into my husband's bank account. Should I attach his bank statement then? I am able to make my points even without this one month salary.

Someone please clarify soon.. Thanks.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:39 am

Consecutive 12 month is 'claim period'.
It is not that you have to show all 12 months anyhow.

If you still feel, put a '0' as your earning for the month.
But, doesn't make sense.

Use highlighter to mark specific rows in statement/bank-doc.