ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Cancellation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chakaben
Newly Registered

Visa Cancellation

Post by Chakaben » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Hello Every one,

I have a two years visitors visa to the UK which will expire in July this year,and i have used the visa twice since to visit the UK,it was issued.

I broke off with my boy friend who lives in the UK recently and called me yesterday to tell me that he has gotten my visa cancelled by the British embassy Abuja.

Please anyone,is this possible? and how do i confirm if the visa has been cancelled,since i want to come to the UK in April

Thanks all for your advice.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:24 am

If he originally sponsored your visa, then it's possible that the visa might be cancelled because of a change of circumstances since it was issued. Otherwise there shouldn't be any real grounds for cancelling it. It's not up to your (ex) boyfriend whether the visa is cancelled or not, the decision would normally be made either by the office that issued it, or by an Immigration Officer at a UK port of entry.
To be on the safe side you could contact Abuja (if that's where your visa was issued) and ask them if they have received any adverse information about you and whether your visa is still valid for travel. Tell them that you intend to make a short visit in April and give what assurances you can of your intention to return to Nigeria afterwards. The fact that you have twice travelled and complied with the terms of the visa should weigh in your favour.

lanr3e

Re: Visa Cancellation

Post by lanr3e » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:12 pm

Chakaben wrote:Hello Every one,

I have a two years visitors visa to the UK which will expire in July this year,and i have used the visa twice since to visit the UK,it was issued.

I broke off with my boy friend who lives in the UK recently and called me yesterday to tell me that he has gotten my visa cancelled by the British embassy Abuja.

Please anyone,is this possible? and how do i confirm if the visa has been cancelled,since i want to come to the UK in April

Thanks all for your advice.
As long as you did not breach any of UK's immigration rules on last visit, your visa remains valid. It is not up to you (ex) boyfriend to have your visa cancelled except if it's a spouce or fiancee visa. I think he's just bluffing..