ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advise

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

milagro
Newly Registered

Please advise

Post by milagro » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Am days away before I apply for my PSW visa. Less than 2 weeks ago I received a letter from my college in which it listed all the information HO would need in absence of my certificate. The letter states it would be issued by the awarding body by March. However, my certificate arrived in the post last saturday. Do I still include that letter with certificate or do I bother the office for another letter?

wanted66
BANNED

Re: Please advise

Post by wanted66 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Idiot spammer wrote:Am days away before I apply for my PSW visa. Less than 2 weeks ago I received a letter from my college in which it listed all the information HO would need in absence of my certificate. The letter states it would be issued by the awarding body by March. However, my certificate arrived in the post last saturday. Do I still include that letter with certificate or do I bother the office for another letter?
Don't take any chances with HO.

Send your Original Cerificate so you don't really have to send the Supporting letter (The whole point of supporting letter is to prove that you're certificate on its way and you will send when you receive it. Because you already got the certificate just send it)

Good luck mate :D

Don't wait start looking for Jobs as soon as you send off the application.. :)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Please advise

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:20 pm

wanted66 wrote:Don't take any chances with HO.

Send your Original Cerificate so you don't really have to send the Supporting letter (The whole point of supporting letter is to prove that you're certificate on its way and you will send when you receive it. Because you already got the certificate just send it)
this is incorrect. You do need to send the supporting letter, The letter doesnt just confirm that the certificate is on its way, it also confirms the nature of the institution, the period of study, the date of the award etc.

I dont see any problem with sending the letter you already have but if you are worried get them to give you an updated one. You should also send the certificate as you have it.

milagro
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by milagro » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:46 pm

I appreciate your advise. I do think that a supporting letter would be necessary along with the certificate. Will ask the college to give me an updated letter. Many thanks again.