ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unique012

Post by unique012 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Salaam everyone, Hope ur all well

My husband picked his passport up today mashAllah with the visa stamped, I am so happy. Bros and Sis who are still waiting hang in there u will get a posiitve response soon inshAllah. Am sooooooooo Happy Alhamdulliah :D :D :D :D :D :D

safia

appeal

Post by safia » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Could some one please update the spreadsheet.....i lodged my appeal on the 24th december 2010 to loughborough and on the 22nd of january 2011 received a letter from tribunal saying they have received our appeal papers and that we shoud hopefully hear somethig by 2nd of june 2011...please pray for me and others in my situation that it gets overturned...my case was refused under paragrah 281
'SOF'

sacha001
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by sacha001 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:02 pm

[quote="unique012"]Salaam everyone, Hope ur all well

My husband picked his passport up today mashAllah with the visa stamped, I am so happy. Bros and Sis who are still waiting hang in there u will get a posiitve response soon inshAllah. Am sooooooooo Happy Alhamdulliah :D :D :D :D :D :D[/quote]

Congrats! Im really happy for you :-D
When did you apply?

zaf

your appeal

Post by zaf » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Sammad wrote:It has been over 3 weeks solicitor sent off appeal, I have not heard anything, I have even been to Pakistan for 2 weeks to visit my wife, booked 3 weeks holiday (with hols pay) from work. I provided extra bank statements and proof of contact (call logs) how long should I be expecting to wait to get a response/conformation that they have received the appeal papers?
where did you send appeal papers
AIT LEICESTER
CROYDON
VIA VAC IN PAKISTAN

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Re: your appeal

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 pm

zaf wrote:
Sammad wrote:It has been over 3 weeks solicitor sent off appeal, I have not heard anything, I have even been to Pakistan for 2 weeks to visit my wife, booked 3 weeks holiday (with hols pay) from work. I provided extra bank statements and proof of contact (call logs) how long should I be expecting to wait to get a response/conformation that they have received the appeal papers?
AIT LEICESTER
CROYDON
VIA VAC IN PAKISTAN
Appeal papers are not send through Vac.

Shahzad

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:09 pm

My appeal documents were delivered at Abu Dhabi Visa section office on 22nd January 2011 and I still didnt hear anything. I appealed for Tier 1 dependent Visa. What should I do any sugesstions? Thank You :(
Last edited by Manno1 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sabir2011
Newly Registered

hi

Post by sabir2011 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Salaams! how long does it normally take on average till someone hears from the ECO once the appeal bundle is lodged to the AIT. Will one be notified of the ECO review decisions or then we have to wait till we get the hearing date from the tribunal. Allah (SWT) blesses all with Khair, Sabir is the Key to Success. All the best to all.

zaf

Post by zaf » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:14 pm

shahzad80 wrote:
zaf wrote:
AIT LEICESTER
CROYDON
VIA VAC IN PAKISTAN
Appeal papers are not send through Vac.

Shahzad
YOU SURE ABOUT THAT LOL YOU CAN SUBMIT APPEAL PAPERS WHERE SPOUSE RECEIVED REFUSAL NOTICE EG LAHORE ISLAMABAD ETC

zaf

your appeal

Post by zaf » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Manno1 wrote:My appeal documents were delivered at Abu Dhabi Visa section office on 22nd January 2011 and I still didnt hear anything. I appealed for Tier 1 dependent Visa. What should I do any sugesstions? Thank You :(
its a pity you did not send them to croydon address i supplied you they seem to be the quickest at responding sending calling letter out. someone on this forum got letter after 3 weeks via croydon . i still wouldnt worry as long as you have addressed the reason for refusal adequately then you should get calling letter hopefully very soon

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:01 pm

zaf wrote:
Manno1 wrote:My appeal documents were delivered at Abu Dhabi Visa section office on 22nd January 2011 and I still didnt hear anything. I appealed for Tier 1 dependent Visa. What should I do any sugesstions? Thank You :(
its a pity you did not send them to croydon address i supplied you they seem to be the quickest at responding sending calling letter out. someone on this forum got letter after 3 weeks via croydon . i still wouldnt worry as long as you have addressed the reason for refusal adequately then you should get calling letter hopefully very soon

Thank you for replying. Actually my Visa was refused from Abu Dhabi centre.

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:27 pm

unique012 wrote:Salaam everyone, Hope ur all well

My husband picked his passport up today mashAllah with the visa stamped, I am so happy. Bros and Sis who are still waiting hang in there u will get a posiitve response soon inshAllah. Am sooooooooo Happy Alhamdulliah :D :D :D :D :D :D
GGGRRRR8888888888888888888TTTTTT

Very good so happy for you Masha Allah, how long did they take in stamping it?
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:30 pm

You should be hearing something soon don't worry, normally 2-4 weeks, check with Solicitors to see if they have heard anything.

All the best

Patience is a virtue
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

unique012

Re:

Post by unique012 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:46 pm

sacha001

Thank you huni, applied in september 2010 and it got refused in december 2010... Applied for appeal on 5th January and recieved the call letter 27th of january. Submitted passport on the 31st January and the recieved passport back on the 14 the febuary with visa :D

What position are u in? :)

unique012

Post by unique012 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Kammy

Thank u bro, they took 2 weeks to stamp the passport, MashAllah they were quick :D

sabir2011
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by sabir2011 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:13 pm

unique012 wrote:sacha001

Thank you huni, applied in september 2010 and it got refused in december 2010... Applied for appeal on 5th January and recieved the call letter 27th of january. Submitted passport on the 31st January and the recieved passport back on the 14 the febuary with visa :D

What position are u in? :)
Mubarak! Masha'Allah that's really good news. Alhamdulillah, that seems to be quite quick one. Brilliant news and we are all so happy for you. Amazing...

Please do make dua's for us too.

sacha001
Newly Registered

Re

Post by sacha001 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Hey guys
Im really worried now. Tomorrow its precisily 12 weeks ago that my husband applied for visa. The status is still the same. Can i expect that the status will change tomorrow? Or is it possible they delayed?

safia

appeal

Post by safia » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:12 pm

sallamz sammad...i sent my appeal papers off on the 24th of decenber to loughborough and i received a comfirmation after 4 weeks on the 22nd of january......and i have been given the date 2nd of june to hear something by...i hope this helps......u shud receive confirmation in the next week inshaaalah

however some people do not even receive confirmation letter for e.q unique....after 3 weeks of submitting appeal papers she received call letter.....
'SOF'

zaf

Re: appeal

Post by zaf » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:29 pm

safia wrote:sallamz sammad...i sent my appeal papers off on the 24th of decenber to loughborough and i received a comfirmation after 4 weeks on the 22nd of january......and i have been given the date 2nd of june to hear something by...i hope this helps......u shud receive confirmation in the next week inshaaalah

however some people do not even receive confirmation letter for e.q unique....after 3 weeks of submitting appeal papers she received call letter.....
yeah 3 weeks and 1 day is very quick response i believe she said she submitted appeal papers direct to croydon where decisions are made.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:30 pm

YOU SURE ABOUT THAT LOL YOU CAN SUBMIT APPEAL PAPERS WHERE SPOUSE RECEIVED REFUSAL NOTICE EG LAHORE ISLAMABAD ETC.
I think on which I am dam clear that appeal are not lodged through visa application centers(FedEx or Gerry).Yes you do submit passports after allowed appeal through these visa application centers.

Regards

Shahzad
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Any ones spouse applied after 29/11 and have sat the English test in Pakistan, can you please contact me with info of where and when and how much the test cost please.

Thanks

denver2k
Newly Registered

Queries regarding application form

Post by denver2k » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:27 am

Hi,

First of all i would just like to check that VAF4A is the right form to fill, if a spouse wants to join his/her British(or Permanently Settled) partner from abroad?

There are some questions which are bit complicated.
8.4.2 When did you first meet your sponsor? We met first time 1.5 years ago, got engaged then 3 months ago we got married. So shall i put the date when we first met?How they gona verify that?

8.4.4 When did your relationship begin?
Should i put the engagement date?

8.4.5 How often do you meet?
Is that meeting physically? or communication on internet or phone?
We met in Mid 2009, got engaged,met few times more, then i came back to UK. I went there 3 months ago,got married and we lived together for a month. Since then im here and she is there. So i dont know how to answer this question?

8.4.12.Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship
like a marriage or civil partnership at any time (including
since a wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?

Does that mean, have we lived together after wedding??

I was in impression that in this process they just care about employment of the Sponsor but There are some question related to employment of the applicant. Do they also do employment verification of the applicant verification as they do for the sponsor's employer?
Theres a question
5.9 Have you ever worked for any organisation of a type (state or non-state) listed below?

What if the applicant is working for a Pakistani State organisation. Will UKBA check and verify that?

denver2k
Newly Registered

Post by denver2k » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:36 am

batleykhan wrote:Any ones spouse applied after 29/11 and have sat the English test in Pakistan, can you please contact me with info of where and when and how much the test cost please.

Thanks
Mrs. sat for IELTS in Karachi, not after 29/11 but it was at some point in November though. She has not applied for Visa yet.

What details do you need?
In Pakistan British Council organizes IELTS and depending on the city, they have different venues as test centers. Theres an online booking process on their website. In Karachi, we went to Hotel Regent Plaza for 1st part and speaking exam held in St. Michael School.

paki_gal
Newly Registered

Post by paki_gal » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:55 am

aoa ppl!!ive been a silent viewer 4 two months nw...n trust me i use 2 b on it 24/7...found it vry heplful,bt @ da same tym quite stressful aswell wen i luk @ recent rejections n dere reasons....ALLAH knows da best though....ryt 1st accept my heartiest congratz 2 evry1 whu hav grantd dere visas....

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:58 am

just heard, have immigration officer 19 weeks, to provide copy's of papers to be used in court.

this is taking too long, really depressed now. they are going to respond after june 23rd!

I wish immigration officer reconsiders. since I can't wait till after the 23rd june to get a court hearing date.[/quote]

Salam Sammad,

I am sorry to hear that. I wanted to ask you that did you see copy of refusal notice yourself? I have been following your post because I also applied for appeal case during almost the same timeline as yours.

sara234
Newly Registered

Post by sara234 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Alhumdulillah my husband collected his passport today with the visa :)

Application sent : 07/09/10
Application collected - refused : 29/11/10
Appeal lodged (Croydon) : 19/12/10
Calling letter recieved : 21/01/11
Passport submitted : 27/01/11
Passport collected with Visa : 18/02/11