ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 3 and Comprehensive Health Insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sylvia532

EEA 3 and Comprehensive Health Insurance

Post by sylvia532 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:22 pm

Hello everybody!
I know the issue of EEA applications and comprehensive health insurance has been mentioned many times here but I haven't found the answer to my particular question.
I am an EU national and my husband is non-EU. I'm a full-time student studying at university and graduating in June. Until last month (January 2011) I was working so I know that don't need a proof of comp health insurance for that period when applying for PR. As I was made redundant from my job and received a redundancy package (enough money to keep us going for the next few months) I decided to focus on my studies and start looking for a job closer to my graduation. Do I need to provide a proof of Comp Health Insurance for the period between February and June 2011 when applying for PR?
In my opinion this whole rule in regards to Comprehensive Health Insurance is ridiculous as somebody having such insurance still can use NHS services and Home Office can't do anything about it. HO just wants to make our lives more difficult. :x
Will be very grateful for any advice

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:29 am

A jobseeker (have you registered?) is still considered a worker.

sylvia532

Post by sylvia532 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Thanks for the reply! Well I'm not sure if I can register as I'm still a full-time student (until June). I'm not receiving a student loan or bursary though. Do you think I could register?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:17 pm

If you have been working for a certain period (maybe a year?) and have paid NI contributions you should be eligible for JSA. In any case, your local job centre would know.

sylvia532

Post by sylvia532 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:31 pm

I've been working continuously since March 2006 (full-time or part-time). I'll speak to job centre. Thanks a lot!

polandtrade
Newly Registered

update

Post by polandtrade » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:13 pm

plz could you inform us how its going on with you coz i have same problem thnx