ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

living costs in UK ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raj_crec2002
Newly Registered

living costs in UK ?

Post by raj_crec2002 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:09 pm

Hi,
I am trying to calculate the money that I can save when I get to UK, although that is a far cry considering I have not applied yet. I am thinking of applying in june end.

Suppose I get 2,000 pounds per month, how much of it shall I be able to save ?

any pointers ??

raj .....

raj_crec2002
Newly Registered

Post by raj_crec2002 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:10 pm

that leads me to another question ... I am a software pro with almost 3 yrs of experience ... how much should i get expect to get ??

any ideas anyone ?? again, any pointers, links etc . .. ??

raj ...

centennial

Re: living costs in UK ?

Post by centennial » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:20 pm

hello raj
Though you should start worrying about these things later on after your hsmp approval. let me give you idea of your saving based on me and my friends experience.

it is very unlikely to get £2000 per month for 3 years of experience will get around £1400 per month after tax (which is considered as very good salary according to uk standard) from which at least £300 will go for accommodation and if you landup in some big cities it will be more
after that it depends on your life style but generally u will able to save around £800 after transportation and food

don’t have big dreams before coming here coz i have seen thousands of ppl like you on this forum. I am not getting negative here just trying to be realistic. bring money to survive for couple of months coz it will be difficult to get job straight way coz these ppl always give preference to uk EXPERIENCE moreover ur accent will be a factor as well

i hope this helps

Sunny

raj_crec2002 wrote:Hi,
I am trying to calculate the money that I can save when I get to UK, although that is a far cry considering I have not applied yet. I am thinking of applying in june end.

Suppose I get 2,000 pounds per month, how much of it shall I be able to save ?

any pointers ??

raj .....

raj_crec2002
Newly Registered

Post by raj_crec2002 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:00 pm

hi centi .. thanx a lot for your input man ..... and thanx again for getting me more close to reality .... lets hope for the best ....

raj .....

raj_crec2002
Newly Registered

Post by raj_crec2002 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:01 pm

by the way ... i am hoping of getting a final offer sitting here in india .. and if not that .. at least some assurance from some company before going to UK ... what do you think about this ?

raj ...

tereshchenko

Re: living costs in UK ?

Post by tereshchenko » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:58 pm

centennial wrote: generally u will able to save around £800 after transportation and food
As long as he is not in the London area - in London he will be lucky if he will have 200 quid left :wink:
And I don't think £1400 is good enough for London :arrow: