ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

M soo confused:(

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faru22
BANNED

M soo confused:(

Post by faru22 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:05 am

hey guys,
i will be travelling to UK in april 2011,after resigning my job in india,Is this a wise decision ? m a .net professional.m just nt getting through jobs in uk from india.i have a good 9+yrs of asp.net experience.plzzz help me out:(
some good suggestions needed.if i dnt come nw,then i wont be able to arrange for the required amount needed for my tier-1 extension.plzz help.hwz the .net market in uk?? :(

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:17 pm

The only option is to come here, stay put for 3 to 6 months and attend as many interviews as possible - there is no other way to get a job quickly. You can try applying from your home country until you come but thats usually a hit and miss option - u wont come earlier for an interview right?

Also, regarding the market specifically for .Net, then there are jobs but whether your chances are good or not depends solely on your skillset. All I can say is the job market is more competitive so there are more applicants per jobs and hence the better your skills, the better your chances.

The question is not about how good the market is but how good your skills are. If you came here 5 years back with 30 applicants for 10 jobs, then your chances were 33% but now there are 1000 applicants for 10jobs which means a success rate of just 1% - so while jobs are still there, the competition is a lot lot more. And of course, salaries are lower too because supply is a lot more and demand has remained constant (and gone down in many cases)

KP

faru22
BANNED

Post by faru22 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:30 pm

thanks ken,
i agree with u,tht if we have the rite skillset we will surely succeed.but i also think that since tier 1 will be abolished soon,so demand of good candidates with good skills may also increase.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Agreed that Tier 1 will be abolished so no new entrants will be there in the market. However, there are still more than enough candidates already out here trying to get good roles that pay well.
Plus, there are also MSc and MBA students who are here and want work. They will get a year's permit to work going ahead so there will still be competition for good roles. Also note that with huge public sector cuts ongoing now, there will be an influx of workers looking to get into the private sector and that includes the IT world as well.

In about 2 years time, the market should be a lot better but the economy should continue to recover and they should not open gates for skilled immigration soon (I obviously mean only real skill shortages must be entertained)

KP

faru22
BANNED

Post by faru22 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:58 pm

agreed ken,
in that case ALL THE BEST TO ME:)

santhoap

Post by santhoap » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:27 pm