ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Maintenance - Utter Confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nonie
Newly Registered

Dependant Maintenance - Utter Confusion

Post by nonie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi...

I have been working in the UK for the last 3 months now. I am applying for the dependant visa for my wife. For the maintenance requirements, the UKBA website mentions: "If the main applicant under the post-study worker category is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £1,600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant."

What do they mean by 'funds needed to support the main applicant'? Is it £2800 that I had shown when I made my Tier-1 application?

Also, another issue is regarding what evidence needs to be submitted to show a subsisting marriage? I am submitting several photographs taken over the 1 year of our marriage at different times. Is this sufficient?

Regards,

cgohil

Re: Dependant Maintenance - Utter Confusion

Post by cgohil » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 pm

nonie wrote:Hi...

I have been working in the UK for the last 3 months now. I am applying for the dependant visa for my wife. For the maintenance requirements, the UKBA website mentions: "If the main applicant under the post-study worker category is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £1,600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant."

What do they mean by 'funds needed to support the main applicant'? Is it £2800 that I had shown when I made my Tier-1 application?

Also, another issue is regarding what evidence needs to be submitted to show a subsisting marriage? I am submitting several photographs taken over the 1 year of our marriage at different times. Is this sufficient?

Regards,
check this:-
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=62853

u need to show 1600+800 pound all together if ur in UK less than 12 months.