ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Approved - Typo on Approval Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

heretic

HSMP Approved - Typo on Approval Letter

Post by heretic » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:55 pm

Hi All,

Recently I received my HSMP approval letter.

They seem to have made a typo on the letter. They have typed my DOB wrongly.

What can I do to get this corrected.

simar

Post by simar » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:05 pm

Contact them. & send back the approve letter back. They will issue new letter. Same thing has happen with me too.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:37 pm

It happened to me as well. My HSMP was approved in Aug 2005 and i got the correct letter in November 2005, isn't it funny?
Initially they type my Date of birth wrong, when i send my letter back asking them for correction. Second time they typed my year of birth only so i was asked to send it back .
Third time they forgot to sign the letter, that was enough for me in terms of patience and money. I wrote a very nasty letter and emailed them and fax it as well. It was received by them and they apologized and surprisingly i received correct version of my letter by some one (may be team leader as i was asked to address my letter to him) within a two days of signing by them with change of prinitng date.

So contact them they will amend the letter!

jaywat513
Newly Registered

Post by jaywat513 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:39 am

I surely hope it won't take 3 months to get the letter back as I am in the same boat. (They reversed the month and day on the letter so that it is not my birthday.) I have emailed them and haven't heard back yet.

Did you just mail the letter back asking for a correction? Or did you contact them first and have them give you directions on mailing it back for correction?

I also wonder if you could still convince the local consulate to give you EC with the date backwards.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:39 am

I contact them on phone and send them email. I was advised over the phone to send the letter back, but they made mistake repeadly and thats y it took three month. I specifically requested them to alter the date of issue so that i dont face porblem in getting EC.
Fortunately they changed the date of issue with new date and i didn't have a problem in EC and Now i am in UK!!!