ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(M) questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lightning187
Newly Registered

ILR SET(M) questions

Post by lightning187 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:22 am

Hello,

I am currently preparing for my wifes ILR SET(M) application. I am a little confused in some of the areas and would be grateful for any assistance.

(1) My wife arrived in the UK on 26/05/09 and her spouse FLR visa has the following dates - valid from 18/03/09 until 18/06/11. The Home Office web site states "Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your 2-year qualifying period" When is the earliest we can we make the ILR SET(M) application? 28 days before 18/03/11, 26/05/11 or 18/06/11?

(2) To meet the condition of "have a sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK", is the Life in the UK exam still valid and is anything else (such as ESOL) required? She is due to take the Life in the UK exam in a few weeks time.

(3) Is evidence from me for details of accomodation, employment etc required, just like for the FLR application?

(4) Will there be any changes to the ILR SET(M) applications in the near future?

(5) Access to public funds. We have a baby and currently claiming child benefit and child tax credits, both of which we are not dependant on but are entitled to and thus claim. How does this affect the application process?

Many thanks.

L

lightning187
Newly Registered

Post by lightning187 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Anyone? Thanks.

manoj123
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET(M) questions

Post by manoj123 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:47 pm

I am no expert in these. But providing some quick comments until expert members answer.
lightning187 wrote:Hello,

I am currently preparing for my wifes ILR SET(M) application. I am a little confused in some of the areas and would be grateful for any assistance.

(1) My wife arrived in the UK on 26/05/09 and her spouse FLR visa has the following dates - valid from 18/03/09 until 18/06/11. The Home Office web site states "Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your 2-year qualifying period" When is the earliest we can we make the ILR SET(M) application? 28 days before 18/03/11, 26/05/11 or 18/06/11?
28 days before 26/05/11
(2) To meet the condition of "have a sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK", is the Life in the UK exam still valid and is anything else (such as ESOL) required? She is due to take the Life in the UK exam in a few weeks time.
ILR should be enough.
(3) Is evidence from me for details of accomodation, employment etc required, just like for the FLR application?
Evidence of living together is required I presume
(4) Will there be any changes to the ILR SET(M) applications in the near future?
No one can really answer and assure of what changes will be implemented in future.
(5) Access to public funds. We have a baby and currently claiming child benefit and child tax credits, both of which we are not dependant on but are entitled to and thus claim. How does this affect the application process?
Again. No experience here.

jems
Newly Registered

Post by jems » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi,

1. Yes as far as I know too the earliest would be 28 days before 26/05/11 (as that would mean your wife had been in country for 2 years).

2. My husband just took and passed Life in the UK test for his ILR.

3. We included my bank statements and wage slips in my husbands application to show our finances (as well as his bank statements and wage slips). We also included our tenancy agreement as it is in joint names with our address on so could count as 1 of the 6 letters they require in joint names. But we didn't include a letter from my employer.

4. I'm not sure of this - best keep your eye out on the UKBA website and on here.

5. I don't think this affects the application but we weren't in this position with my husbands application so I am not 100% on this - a senior member or moderator could say for sure.

Anyway hope that helps a bit.