ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EARNINGS: Dividends or Share Certificate?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ENNAFOM
Newly Registered

EARNINGS: Dividends or Share Certificate?

Post by ENNAFOM » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:44 pm

I am technical and management consultant to overseas company. I get salary from the company on monthly basis. I also have shares in the company.

The dividends i get is share related. What docs do i need to claim points on dividends on my shares? Do i need share certificate?

Can someone explain this for earnings: you can claim points for dividends where it is a company in which you are active in the day-to-day management. Is it possible in a situation where one is in UK and active in the day-to-day management of overseas company? How can that be proved?
Last edited by ENNAFOM on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

HSK Accountancy Services

Re: EARNINGS: Dividends or Share Certificate?

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 pm

ENNAFOM wrote:I am technical and management consultant to overseas company. I get salary from the company on monthly basis. I also have shares in the company.

The dividends i get is share related.

What docs do i need to claim points on dividends on my shares?

Do i need share certificate?
Do you have managing control of the company? if you are just ordinary share holder without the control then you can not claim earning points on this dividend.

Hope that is helpful.