ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Visa Biometic

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alkadeep
Newly Registered

PSW Visa Biometic

Post by alkadeep » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi I have applied my visa on Jan 20 and received my acknowledge next week but till now I did not receive my biometric appointment letter. My friends who applied after me have already registered for biometrics. I am very worried. Is it normal to take such a long time or is there any problem with my application. Please let me know if it happened before.

aswinikumarkj
Newly Registered

Post by aswinikumarkj » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 pm

hi ther....i was in the same tensed situation as mine also arrived really late...

wat i wud say is wait till thursday, if it does not come by thursday call the home office customer services as they will be able to track it or open an investigation or something after 4 weeks from the application date......

alkadeep
Newly Registered

Post by alkadeep » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Hii, thank you for your reply. Can you please give me customer service number which I should contact. In how many days did you get your biometric . Thank you.

Paul72
Newly Registered

biometric letter lost?

Post by Paul72 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:02 pm

hi all - ive called the UKBA three times already and they say they sent me my biometrics invite letter on 25 January. Since its been ~2 weeks, I called again and asked them to re-send it - this was a week ago. Anyhow else have trouble getting their letters?

Do they send it my registered post? The first person I talked to said "yes" and the second person said "no, regular post". Only because I live in a residence hall and reception doesn't always sign for it.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:28 pm

it just comes by regular post sometimes they don't even bother to send it 1st class. Definitely not recorded delivery.

alkadeep
Newly Registered

Post by alkadeep » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

hi have anyone got idea what is the contact number of UKBA to enquire about the application status to know when the biometric will be sent.

rutuja.bhoir
Newly Registered

Post by rutuja.bhoir » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:30 pm

It's the same for me.. i applied on 18th jan i got confirmation letter on 20 and amount deducted on 21st but still i am waiting for my biometric letter!! I am bit worried now as my friend who applied on the same date as mine got his biometric letter 2 weeks ago and today i heard from him that he received his psw visa!! I am too tensed now and donno wat to do...

cwhnt11

Post by cwhnt11 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:54 pm

i guess UKBA is having trouble with the applications at the moment as i understood from the website. maybe its due to the fact that most of graduates student visa was expiring around late Jan so everyone applied around this time or the new procedure (attending BRP session) made it difficult. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=72278

I have no idea about the customer service phone number coz the numbers that ive dialed didnt give me any information. if anyone knows any number please let us know.

yaasir009
Newly Registered

important

Post by yaasir009 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi..Did you/anyone get your biometric letter appointment letter as recorded delivery..thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:06 pm

2nd class is the 'normal' way....