ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric invitation letter still not arrived yet..

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cola2466
Newly Registered

Biometric invitation letter still not arrived yet..

Post by cola2466 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:52 am

Dear all,

Please Help!
I post my application on the 13th Jan, and my application fee was deducted on the 14th Jan. Only about a week after that, i received my ack letter. However, i haven't received the biometric invitation letter until now. My friend who applied exactly at the same time as me has already received hers and gave her fingerprint last week (3rd Feb). I am starting to be a bit worried now :(
I wonder if it is normal for the biometric letter to arrive this late, and will it be better to call UKBA?

Best regards,
Cola

cwhnt11

Post by cwhnt11 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:30 pm

its the same for me.

i applied on the 13th, received on the 14th.
the fee deducted on the 18th, and i received the ack letter on the 1st of Feb dated 17th of Jan. I still didnt received BRP invitation.

And you know? the ones who actually applied after us but gave their BRP before us will get their visa before us. Pathetic!

cwhnt11

Post by cwhnt11 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:33 pm

i tried calling UKBA but they didnt give me any information - Actually they made me mad since everybody was telling me to call the number that ive already dialed. I sent them a letter with a free envelope my address on it to ask for information, they didnt send anything back. I am also very worried.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:30 pm

tell your ordeal to local MP. he can find out about your app in no time.

be reasonable and tell him about your case. if you portray your case in a nice-enough way to your MP(no demands, only "requests", or spelling mistakes!)... ukba will do whatever they can to make decision on your app fairly swiftly.

cheers

cwhnt11

Post by cwhnt11 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:19 pm

thanks for the tip. i called the local MP and his PA asked me to send an email so they can contact UKBA, it seems they have done this earlier. Hopefully it will work out. Thanks again.

alkadeep
Newly Registered

Post by alkadeep » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:10 pm

can I know how did u contact ur local MP..

cwhnt11

Post by cwhnt11 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:17 pm

well i searched on google. wrote my area + mp and found his website, called the office and talked to his secretary. they are reachable.

they sent me an email yesterday, telling me that they will write to UKBA and send a copy of the letter to my address.

cwhnt11

Post by cwhnt11 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:30 pm

is that possible for anyone to send me the telephone number to call for enquiries? i couldnt get any information from anyone through the number starts with 0870. Please!

manavarora
Newly Registered

Post by manavarora » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Its the same number... 0870 one... I don't remember the option you need to chose but its the one you press to inquire about an existing application.

they are not under obligation to help you with this query so you would need to request it rather than ask for it. tell them that its you sent your appication more than 4 weeks back.

If you get through to a good person on a good day, they can ideally initiate an internal inquiry after checking the status on their system.

All the best!

thanks

cwhnt11

Post by cwhnt11 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Well i called again, no chance. i dialled the number for existing application, but still the person told me that they dont deal with such enquiries. my only concern is that if the letter lost in the post, and if i didnt receive it for any reason, whats gonna happen since we have to provide biometric information within 15 days after we receive the letter, isnt it?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:51 pm

if i were you...

apart from waiting, i would fill out change of circum. form and tell them that you have yet to receive this invitation letter.

ask them to NOT refuse your app but rather send the letter again as its probably lost in the post!

this will not save you any time but hopefully will save you from possible refusal!

anyway... thats what i would do, if i were in your position

cheers

cwhnt11

Post by cwhnt11 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:04 pm

i hope the application is not refused. i assume i would have heard earlier if my application was refused? i will do that tomorrow thanks for the tip. the thing is i donno what to do and i wrote here and everyone told me to wait, well there is not that much to do really.
my acknowledgement letter took 3 weeks to come as well. it was dated 17th of Jan but I received it on the 1st of Feb. If its gonna be the same situation my application will be refused. Oh my god! I had the most straightforward visa application ever and look what im experiencing now.

cwhnt11

Post by cwhnt11 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:08 pm

but im not gonna change any information, is it ok to use change of circumstances form for this reason?
btw already the local MP sent them a letter asking the process of my application.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:23 pm

cwhnt11 wrote:but im not gonna change any information, is it ok to use change of circumstances form for this reason?
btw already the local MP sent them a letter asking the process of my application.
CoC form is used whenever you have something to tell them related to your app so yea thats the form you should be using...

your primary focus should be to tell them your situation BEFORE they have refused your app for not giving biometric in certain time period (the clock starts ticking as soon as they have sent you a letter, regardless of wehether you received it or not!)

keep your MP updated with your case but i still would send CoC form...

the whole process is in shambles... why can't they use 1st class postal service considering how much they are charging fees!

remain strong

cheers

cwhnt11

Post by cwhnt11 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:52 pm

hey

I received invitation letter today dated 22nd of Feb. I dont know why it took so long to send that. I went to the post office today and gave my biometrics.

thanks alot! I hope the others will receive it around this week as well.

thanks arsenal for your support!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:07 pm

all the best mate.....

thank your MP too... he might just have something to do with it!!

cheers