ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR/SET(O) Success - Sheffield - 09/02/2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamy92
Newly Registered

ILR/SET(O) Success - Sheffield - 09/02/2011

Post by jamy92 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who helped, guided, provided hints/links, directions and most imp of all thanks to everyone who shared their experiences @ PEOs and all useful tips.
Appointment time - 10:45 AM

Arrived - 10:15 AM as mentioned 30 mins before

After entering building usual airport style security checks. They didn’t ask for any ID details, appointment details, just asked do I have any appointment, then he said proceed to window 7 i.e. Reception window.

Guy at reception asked for details like name and no. of dependents and on her list of appointments ticked my and my wife's name and she provided us the token no.

Then wait of around 5 mins for my token no to be called, the guy checked form briefly and collated all the documents from my folder and stacked in their own folder. Just put all your Originals, photo copies will be aksed later.

Then finally asked me to go to payments window to make the payment(I had take our documents to payment window and hand them over at payment window).

Made the payment.

At this point of time, I really didn’t know what to expect, so was waiting for something to happen.

In 45s min caseworker called out token no., he said documents are fine and has things they need and I have been granted the ILR and then he asked for Photo copies

In ten minutes stamped passport was at window 7 for collection.. happy days...

Application - WP + Tier-2

Absences - total 125days in 5yrs.

Over all Sheffield PEO, I found not crowded and correctly busy than what I have seen in this forum about Solihull. People at PEO are very helpful and humours.

Hope this guides anyone who are applying in Sheffield.

Document Submitted -
Last 12 months payslips and bank statements.
5yrs P60
Life in UK Test pass Certificates
Marriage Certificate
Employer letters
Days of absence List
Passports photo copies
Child Birth Certificate

All the very best.

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Hearty Congrats .... Did you have any have gaps in VISA stamping between WP renewal ...

Enjoy your Freedom !!

jamy92
Newly Registered

Post by jamy92 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:43 pm

hello,

no gaps in my WP stamping, all continous stampings
but stamping gaps and out of country maximum upto 180 days are OK

rajathwp

Post by rajathwp » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:07 am

Sorry when you say stamping gaps - Did you mean you visa expired on (for example) 1st April and you submitted the renewal application before 1st April but WP stamping on passport is 10th April.

Thank You ..