ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New rules for Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jason23

New rules for Tier 2

Post by jason23 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:43 am

Hi All,

Just a bit confused about the new rules for Tier 2 with regards to the no limit on in country applications from April 6th.

Is the limit on Tier 2 applications or the number of COS'?. If an employer has a fixed number of COS as is the case now for eg 100, does the new rule mean that applying for a Tier 2 visa for an in country applicant after April 6 would keep the allocation at 100 or reduce it to 99.

Hope this makes sense.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:41 pm

this is my understanding....

all COS will be stripped on 5th April....

if employer applies for a COS for an applicant who is in UK, then he will be able to request and be granted in no time as these types of app will not fall under limits.

However, if the COS is for an applicant who is NOT in UK, then UKBA will decide upon whether to give him COS or not based on how many COS left, salary, job etc etc.

In short, in-country applicant will be above the limits for these purposes

thanks

jason23

Post by jason23 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks for that mate. If this is what is expected to happen it would be great for those in the country already like myself but seems too good to be true :) . There will be some kind of clause attached to this

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:50 pm

jason23 wrote:Thanks for that mate. If this is what is expected to happen it would be great for those in the country already like myself but seems too good to be true :) . There will be some kind of clause attached to this
yes, there is a catch here...

they are dropping(or rather proposing to drop) occupations from the code of practice like flies....and those which are still there.. expect you to be earning the salary you would have been when you are 25 years old. i.e with few year experience under your belt!

keep an eye on new code of practice.

cheers

jason23

Post by jason23 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:44 pm

That makes sense then, I assume the occupations on the list are going to be quite rigid.
With salaries it would be quite unfair if the minimum criteria were too high. It would mean only graduate jobs in banks and consulting firms which pay 35k+ would qualify for people with little or no experience.
Currently isn't the minimum salary requirement for a COS to be issued 32k?? If they go even higher than that, it would make life very difficult.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:37 pm

Hey Arsenal

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

This seems to indicate quite good news for people within the country. Most normal jobs finance, accounting, consulting, engineering are still there on the list and not subject to limits being incountry. Getting a COS will be very straightforward for employers.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Please continue in this topic.