ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Question about Finances-Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Missy_j

ILR- Question about Finances-Please help

Post by Missy_j » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:36 pm

My husband is currently on a 27 month spouse visa which expires 15th April.
We are looking to apply at the end of March 2011. However the problem is that we have a 1 year old son and I am unemployed (looking after my son)my husband is working through an agency and is called as and when required. he works maximum 4-5 nights and minimum 1 night.(£60 per night)

We are worried that his ILR app may be rejected due to his earnings.

We live with my parents, they pay all the bills
We have £1000 in our joint savings acc and £300 in joint current acc.
We have many joint and single correspondence over the 27 month period.

I shall be very grateful if anybody could give their input.

Many thanks

jems
Newly Registered

Post by jems » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi, i'm not an expert or anything but we've just applied. Our situation was different although on the form we completed, which would be the same one you would need to complete, there is a section that a 3rd party can sign if someone else is helping you financially by paying bills etc. I assume you need some kind of extra evidence for this, maybe a letter from parents, house bills or something from them, but I don't really know about that. Anyway I was told that their main focus is that you've been living together and your husband hasn't been claiming any benefits. Have you searched other posts on here for 3rd party support?

Missy_j

Post by Missy_j » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Many thanks for your reply jems.

My husband is not claiming any benefits and we have been living together since his arrival to the UK. However, i am claiming child benefit and have applied to claim child tax credit, but what I understand from previous posts is that these are not classed as public funds.

I did now know about 3rd party support and will post another thread to see if there is anybody with information or experience about this- so thanks for letting me know.

It's just a real worry that my husbands application may be refused on financial basis even though what he is earing is enough to support the 3 of us without claiming public funds. I am also looking at returning to work within the next few months, so I hope that all this will be taken into consideration and my husband allowed the visa.

jems
Newly Registered

Post by jems » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Missy j, I can't say for sure but I think you will be ok as you have the help from your parents too but I expect you will need some evidence from them. Hopefully one of the the senior members and experts will be able to answer your question. Good luck with your application