ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with Umbrella Company

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

girlinLondon

Need help with Umbrella Company

Post by girlinLondon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi All,

This is going to be my first contracting role. I am looking for an Umbrella company and since I have little experience with Umbrella companies I decided to go ahead with the one suggested by the recruitment agent. Whilst everything looks ok I need a little help or workaround to get my ID check through:

I have been in India for the last 6 months and hence do not have a UK address of my own. The umbrella company wnats the following documents as ID proof:
1. Bank Statement with the current UK address - I can arrange that at my friend's address from the UK bank account that I have
2. Utility bill or some other official letter in my name at the same address

Will like to request someone to help me as to how I can get the same. Also, if you know some other Umbrella company in the UK which can wait till I am in the UK again [ March end ] yet process the contract etc. that would be of great help to me.

Thanks,
The Girl

light_tunnel

Post by light_tunnel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:15 pm

In order to have a Utility bill in your name, you have to ask the landlord to add your name.

Also you would need some Id proof for which you can either send the passport or send a copy attested by advocate.
Also, if you know some other Umbrella company in the UK which can wait till I am in the UK again [ March end ] yet process the contract etc. that would be of great help to me.
I do not get what you are trying to convey here. I will find out from my friend who has recently taken up a contract. Also there are other information you will need to provide with the Umbrella company like the hourly wages and so on..

girlinLondon

Post by girlinLondon » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:45 am

light_tunnel wrote:
In order to have a Utility bill in your name, you have to ask the landlord to add your name.

Also you would need some Id proof for which you can either send the passport or send a copy attested by advocate.
Also, if you know some other Umbrella company in the UK which can wait till I am in the UK again [ March end ] yet process the contract etc. that would be of great help to me.
I do not get what you are trying to convey here. I will find out from my friend who has recently taken up a contract. Also there are other information you will need to provide with the Umbrella company like the hourly wages and so on..
Thanks light_tunnel for your reply. I forgot to mention I am in India for the last 6 months so do not have a house or any utility bills in my name in the UK. I have provided all other information but stuck at their ID check because I do not have two documents at the address I have mentioned.

light_tunnel

Post by light_tunnel » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:53 pm

As per my friend, from his Umbrella company he was only asked:
ID Proof -> Passport
Address Proof -> Bank statement