ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Tier 1(G) - After 6th April

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nafe12

New Tier 1(G) - After 6th April

Post by nafe12 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Has anyone heard anything more about the 1000+ Tier 1 visas after 6th April?
When announced, I remember that it was reserved for entrepreneurs, sports people and researchers.

Given I'm an academic, I'm debating about applying after, or risk trying to switch now on a very borderline case. (Us researchers just don't earn that much! :( )

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Those 1000 visas were never meant to be under Tier 1 (General) but under a new immigration category - Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) route.

The eligibility criteria and the immigration rules for this new category are yet to be announced.

So, if you qualify for Tier 1 (General) and wish to apply for it, IMHO, don't wait ... unless you expect to win a Nobel pretty soon!

regards

manojk005

Re: New Tier 1(G) - After 6th April

Post by manojk005 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 pm

nafe12 wrote:Has anyone heard anything more about the 1000+ Tier 1 visas after 6th April?
When announced, I remember that it was reserved for entrepreneurs, sports people and researchers.

Given I'm an academic, I'm debating about applying after, or risk trying to switch now on a very borderline case. (Us researchers just don't earn that much! :( )
Do not rely on promises/uncertain scenario if there is definite solution now. If you can shed more light on your situation then people on this board will definitely suggest you.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: New Tier 1(G) - After 6th April

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:47 pm

nafe12 wrote:Has anyone heard anything more about the 1000+ Tier 1 visas after 6th April?

If you have slightest of intention on getting onto any of the Tier 1 category, my recommendation is do it NOW.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

next step
Newly Registered

Post by next step » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:10 pm

I agree. Why put off tmrw what u can do today? UK immigration laws change as often as the British weather so dont bank on it and further more, dont bank on it changing in your favour.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:44 am

Absolutely I agree with other members on this forum, do it NOW if you qualify!