ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Which dates to calculate from - Approval or Visa Start

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rashidkhan

ILR Which dates to calculate from - Approval or Visa Start

Post by rashidkhan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:58 am

Hello everybody,

For a person who was student before then converted to Work Permit IN COUNTRY, which date should the ILR 5 year period be counted from?

The work permit Approval date or the Visa start date on passport?

The approval letter date is earlier than the Visa Start date on the Visa Vignette on the passport.

If i count from the first work permit approval date then i complete my 5 year period but if i count from the Visa Start date on the Visa Stamp on passport then my current visa runs out 2 days prior to completing the 5 year period (minus the 28 days).

I am very confused as i have asked the homeoffice as well and looked around the internet but cannot get a clear answer.

Please help!
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Which dates to calculate from - Approval or Visa Sta

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:44 am

Visa start date on passport
Possible solution:
vinny wrote:Under current directions, you should apply for an extension before your leave expires. However, if they haven't decided by the time you are eligible for ILR, then you may vary your application to ILR.

regards

rashidkhan

ILR calulation

Post by rashidkhan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
For in country application, where can i find written details on how to calculate the ILR period?

I mean, approval date or visa stamping date for a person who was ALREADY inside the country as a student before his first work permit was given?

Is it written anywhere? I will be so much grateful of you can point me towards it.

Thank you

xyz123

Re: ILR calulation

Post by xyz123 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:36 pm

rashidkhan wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
For in country application, where can i find written details on how to calculate the ILR period?

I mean, approval date or visa stamping date for a person who was ALREADY inside the country as a student before his first work permit was given?

Is it written anywhere? I will be so much grateful of you can point me towards it.

hank you
for in country switch from student to ILR qualifying visa, the start date is the day of stamp.