ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Had PEO Appointment today - now confused and worried...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepstack31
Newly Registered

Had PEO Appointment today - now confused and worried...

Post by deepstack31 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi All

Using the help of a legal representative, I submitted my application today at Croydon PEO ( Completed all of the Biometric Procedures which went smoothly).

But when we handed in our application, my representative was immediately told to return after 2 PM the following day to collect Documents. I was under the impression that the process completed on the same day ? What can I expect now. Specifically there are a few things I'm confused about...

1) UKBA website says there will be a 30-45 minute period where applicants will be interviewed. Nothing like that happened, the person behind the counter took our documents and didnt even look over them to see if everything was in order. They were nice enough, but just said "return tomorrow". When I asked if they needed photocopies of all the documents, they said No.

2) UKBA website says that Legal representative must hand in a letter signed by me which says that I'm happy for them to represent me, and an official letter ( on Solicitor's letterhead ) which has my details. I know that this wasnt handed in today. Can this be a problem ?

3) I know my case was solid and simple, 1 employer, enough funds, and I'm certain that I qualified based on quality of my documents, so If the application is sucesfull, What will be returned after 2 PM tomorrow ? Just the passport and Documents or everything including the BRP ?

Any comments/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

lanr3e

Re: Had PEO Appointment today - now confused and worried...

Post by lanr3e » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:31 am

deepstack31 wrote:Hi All

Using the help of a legal representative, I submitted my application today at Croydon PEO ( Completed all of the Biometric Procedures which went smoothly).

But when we handed in our application, my representative was immediately told to return after 2 PM the following day to collect Documents. I was under the impression that the process completed on the same day ? What can I expect now. Specifically there are a few things I'm confused about...

1) UKBA website says there will be a 30-45 minute period where applicants will be interviewed. Nothing like that happened, the person behind the counter took our documents and didnt even look over them to see if everything was in order. They were nice enough, but just said "return tomorrow". When I asked if they needed photocopies of all the documents, they said No.

2) UKBA website says that Legal representative must hand in a letter signed by me which says that I'm happy for them to represent me, and an official letter ( on Solicitor's letterhead ) which has my details. I know that this wasnt handed in today. Can this be a problem ?

3) I know my case was solid and simple, 1 employer, enough funds, and I'm certain that I qualified based on quality of my documents, so If the application is sucesfull, What will be returned after 2 PM tomorrow ? Just the passport and Documents or everything including the BRP ?

Any comments/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
What did you apply for? Settlement or FLR?

deepstack31
Newly Registered

Post by deepstack31 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:09 am

Applied to Switch from Work Permit issued in 07 to Tier 1 General

lanr3e

Post by lanr3e » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:22 am

deepstack31 wrote:Applied to Switch from Work Permit issued in 07 to Tier 1 General
I don't think there's any problem. The Home Office aims to decide 95% of premium applications on the same day. Yours is unfortunately, one of the 5% that will take longer. As they have told your rep to come back today...I think you will be fine. Goodluck!