ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (ICT) and settlement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajmycontact

Post by rajmycontact » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 pm

I have a query for senior members...

I have a Tier2 ICT visa but my visa was issued in May2009 quite before this new ruling came into existing.

Q Does it means all Tier2 ICT visa holders which were issued visa first time before this ruling came into existing in April 2010 can still apply for ILR if they complete 5 years legally in UK (Note this may include two tier2-ict extension of 1 or 2 years in year 2011 and later). Will such people be eligible?

OR
This ruling will affect all Tier2-ICT visa holders irrespective of when they were issued and they can no longer apply for ILR..period.

Please help?

Regards
Raj

dreamerB
Newly Registered

Similar position

Post by dreamerB » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi gurus,
I am in a similar position i.e., I first came into UK on a WorkPermit on 07-July-2006. I have been here ever since working for the same employer. The last time I did my extension (27-July-2010), I have got a Tier-2 ICT. Does this mean that I can apply for ILR come July 2011?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:53 pm

We will not apply the new Rules to ICTs already in the UK.
A statement just below the table on page 9 of this document. IMHO, you should be able to apply for settlement but the new requirements for settlement (e.g. - income threshold, English language, criminality threshold) proposed may apply, if they come in force before you become eligible for settlement.

I must add though, that until such time that the government issues a statement of change in the parliament or announces the exact details of changes in the immigration rules, any statement made in the said document is subject to individual interpretation.

So, be patient and wait until such details are made public.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

dreamerB
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by dreamerB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 am

Thanks a lot for such a quick reply and putting my mind at ease. Now, I just have to wait till June 2011 and hope that the rules dont change and that the salary slabs arent high.