ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(m) success story

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jems
Newly Registered

ILR Set(m) success story

Post by jems » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:21 pm

Hi all,

Just sharing our experience in case it helps others out there.

Ours was a reasonably straight forward application. My husband applied using the set(m) application form. He arrived on his spouse visa in Jan 2009 expiry was April 2011, so we decided to apply this month.

The first thing he did before we booked our appointment at the Public Enquiry Office was to book and pass his Life in the UK test. Once that was passed we booked our appointment at Cardiff PEO for a week later (I read that you must leave it at least 2 days after the test). We then organised our file which included:

1. Completed set(m) application form
2. Life in UK pass letter
3. 2 x photos of applicant (my husband) 1 x photo of spouse (me)
4. Marriage certicate
5. 3 months husbands bank statements
6. 3 months my bank statements
7. 3 months husbands wage slips
8. 3 months my wage slips
9. Husbands P60's for 2 years
10. Letter from husbands employer
11. Letters in joint names which included joint bank account, council tax bills, water bills, tenancy agreement (approx 12 letters)
12. A few letters not in joint names (these were from the first couple of months my husband was here as we had not yet opened joint accounts etc.), which included N.I. letter, letter to confirm opening his bank account, a letter about my work pension scheme etc. (approx 6 letters).
13. Both of our passports

We went into the office around 9.00 for our 9.30 appointment. Went through security and sat in the waiting room. We didn't wait very long at all until we were called. At the first counter the lady checked all of our documents, and I had also made photocopies of everything. She then took the documents from the file along with the photocopies and told us that once we had paid we could leave the office and they would call my husband on his mobile when the case worker had reached a decision. We went next door to pay the application fee and then went into the town while our case was being decided, this was around 10.00. We went back around 13.30 as we had not heard and we were told it would be another 45 mins or so. Around 14.15 we got the call to say we could go back. We went through security again and only waited around 5 mins once sat down until the lady called us. We were then told that the ILR had been granted and that my husbands passport would be sent off to Sheffield to have the vignette put inside and he would receive it recorded delivery in a few days. The lady gave us back our original documents, and some of the photocopies as she didn't need all the letters we had included! Better to have too much though. And we went home feeling very happy and this was only yesterday so a lovely valentines day!

Hope this helps some of you out there :-)

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:44 am

Congratulations,

But my main question here is how comes they had to send your passport to Sheffield to stamp, they should have facility in local PEO. did they give you any written confirmation or anything that you have been awarded ILR?. thanks for sharing your experience

jems
Newly Registered

Post by jems » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:30 am

Hi there, they don't have the facilities at Cardiff PEO to sort out the vignette so the lady explained that it had to go to Sheffield for this. You don't get written confirmation that its been granted, but the case worker told us it had been granted and we were given a letter about ILR. We were told my husbands passport would be sent recorded delivery in about 5 working days. I'll let you know when we receive it!

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:41 am

thanks again and keep us posted

jems
Newly Registered

Post by jems » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:21 pm

My husband received his passport recorded delivery today, so it just took 3 days :-)

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Well done, Soon my turn cant wait for all this to be over.

jems
Newly Registered

Post by jems » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:47 pm

I know how you feel! Good luck with the application.