ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mother in law < to be > of an eu citizen coming to uk

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

mother in law < to be > of an eu citizen coming to uk

Post by WANRAWIN » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:28 am

hi..im new here so would like to thank anybody who come accross...
i'm holding eea residence permit < im non eu > unmarried partner with polish citizen. we are together for 3 years and i have been in uk for nearly 6 years ..my questions are
-im deciding to go back to wor after finishing my maternity leave in april can my mum apply for eea family permit to come to stay with my family in uk for helping out with my children
-can they reject my moter application?

thank you again for reading
best regadr
wanrawin
Last edited by WANRAWIN on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:37 am

Please do not shout.

regards

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Post by WANRAWIN » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:46 am

sushdmehta wrote:Please do not shout.

regards
aah ok i got it :) sorry :) i didnt understand at first but after reading i got it :)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:23 am

Have a look into EUN2.6 and EUN2.9. You may also want to read the ECIS, in particular chapter 3 and also chapter 5 and read about dependency.

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Post by WANRAWIN » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:25 pm

86ti wrote:Have a look into EUN2.6 and EUN2.9. You may also want to read the ECIS, in particular chapter 3 and also chapter 5 and read about dependency.
hi there , thank you for the advice . its seems like my mother cannot apply via eea ... cos she is not really depend on my partner ..should i just give it a go? or just try just a visitor visa ? my main issue is want her to come and help looking after the babies

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:46 pm

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Post by WANRAWIN » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:02 pm

oh my god. thank you so much...i spent my whole night last night and all this afternoon trying to looking for the similar forum :)

i will keep updating :)
jasmin

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Post by WANRAWIN » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:00 pm

i need to use eea 2 form right?
is RC and family permit different?
now i prepared all my doc such as
- bank transfer from me to my dad in thailand
- fedex paper / thai custom tax office paper when i sent some stuff to my parents to sell in thailand
- my passport , my partner polish id
- my partner's bank statement & mine
- payslips from both of us
- house contract

do i need to send my sons' passports/birth certificates ?
i got a feelling that im lack of document but i cant think of anything else...#anyone has any suggestion?

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:49 pm

EEA2 form would be used if your mum is already in the UK to apply for a Residence Card. If applying from outside, you would need to use VAF5 something form to apply for an EEA Family Permit (valid for 6 months to enter the UK).

U are not married to your polish partner, that makes it harder to get your mother in.

For your mother to get in, she would need to be a member of your household, she'd have to apply under extended family member route, not a family member (as you're not married). Why can you not get married? If you do, the process of bringing your mum in should be easier.

You would need to show that your mother is dependent upon you/your EEA partner. For this money transfers, other proof such as she receives little money from Govt, or she is totally economically dependent on you.

Your father lives with her, it will indicate that your mother is not really economically dependent on you, quesitons would be asked. You can always bring your mother in as a visitor, but you would then need to prove 180 degrees different facts- she has enough money to live in the UK during her visit, and enough to go back.

You are in a tough situation, you should get married to make your life easier too. There is no such thing as bring her to look after the baby visa.

I stand to be corrected on all the points, as the situation you are in is complex/tricky.

WANRAWIN wrote:i need to use eea 2 form right?
is RC and family permit different?
now i prepared all my doc such as
- bank transfer from me to my dad in thailand
- fedex paper / thai custom tax office paper when i sent some stuff to my parents to sell in thailand
- my passport , my partner polish id
- my partner's bank statement & mine
- payslips from both of us
- house contract

do i need to send my sons' passports/birth certificates ?
i got a feelling that im lack of document but i cant think of anything else...#anyone has any suggestion?