ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay to issue COS for tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vlad04
Newly Registered

Post by vlad04 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:35 am

Isn't that the same as last month's?

navedkhane

Post by navedkhane » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:44 am

arsenal49 wrote:fricking hell.... 32k and 36k ???? that is insane.....
I think the reason for this increase every month is that: people are requesting their employer to apply for COS with the salary little bit more than the last cut off.

For example last cut off for Nov was 28k then applied for COS with 29k or 30k. This will obviously increase the cut off for next month meeting.

Things are not in favour at all.

Genuinealb
Mood:
Albania

Post by Genuinealb » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:31 am

Hi all,

How come my employer got a CoS on the january panel with a salary of 22k?
Was I lucky or the UKBA didn't see it?
Anyway I am still in deep sh... because my work pemit visa had expired when I got the CoS.
I sent the application anyway with a covering letter.

God help us all.

clippedw

Post by clippedw » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Genuinealb wrote:Hi all,

How come my employer got a CoS on the january panel with a salary of 22k?
Was I lucky or the UKBA didn't see it?

Anyway I am still in deep sh... because my work pemit visa had expired when I got the CoS.
I sent the application anyway with a covering letter.

God help us all.

I think you stated before that you qualified under transitional arrangements. If that's the case then that explains it. Anyway good luck with your current issue

agui5589
Newly Registered

Hello!

Post by agui5589 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:56 am

anyone successfully get the COS for the February panel (1st of February)? My employer is still waiting for the additional allocation of certificate for me, although it is already 09th of February... Thanks in advance!!!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: Hello!

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:21 pm

agui5589 wrote:anyone successfully get the COS for the February panel (1st of February)? My employer is still waiting for the additional allocation of certificate for me, although it is already 09th of February... Thanks in advance!!!
what is the title and salary as mentioned on your COS application.

cheers

keikeichris

Re: COS Received

Post by keikeichris » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:03 am

towerrounder wrote:Hi All I received on Thursday. My PSW expires at the end of the month so it was late but in time.

The company had to apply for an additional COS for me, and its taken around a month and a half for the home office to get back to us.

They are an existing A rated sponsor and I've been working with them for just over two years.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!
Hi there, reliefe to hear that you have a similar situation before,I just want to ask what happen to u afterwards? I am in the same situation. Did the exceptional consideration work? Did it take a month or more

My visa finish 6 march..They are trying to use urgent COS form..
DO u think it will work? Many thx..hope all is well in Life

Chris

wanted66
BANNED

Post by wanted66 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:43 pm

arsenal49 wrote:fricking hell.... 32k and 36k ???? that is insane.....
lol True.. whats going to happen to us Arsenal :shock: God knows :shock: :x

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Genuinealb wrote:An update,

I have applied for a Tier2 visa without a CoS on the very last day of my visa. I am switching from work permit to Tier 2 for the same employer.
Today they have taken the £475 fee from my account.

Is this a good sign tht they might hold on to my application?

Good luck to you all.
Hi there,i m currently doing the same application and consider doing the same thing..sending application without COS as my employer is trying to send Expcetional consideration. After taken your money, when did they send all your doc and passport back? what happened. Much appreciate your help..
Hope all is well

Chris

Genuinealb
Mood:
Albania

Post by Genuinealb » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:34 am

keikeichris wrote:
Genuinealb wrote:An update,

I have applied for a Tier2 visa without a CoS on the very last day of my visa. I am switching from work permit to Tier 2 for the same employer.
Today they have taken the £475 fee from my account.

Is this a good sign tht they might hold on to my application?

Good luck to you all.
Hi there,i m currently doing the same application and consider doing the same thing..sending application without COS as my employer is trying to send Expcetional consideration. After taken your money, when did they send all your doc and passport back? what happened. Much appreciate your help..
Hope all is well

Chris
My previous post:

My employer got the CoS after four months. They have applied and rapplied and asked urgent consideration and all this stuf about 10 times. On 4th of january my HR manager called them and they said that they havent got any of our documents sent on december 17th. The next day when he called them again they said they got it and are going to review it. on 6th they allocated the CoS which now has been assigned to me.

My work permit visa expired on 1st of november so I sent the tier 2 application without a CoS on 29th of October and sent a covering letter explainin how the situation is and to hold my application in abbeyance until I get the CoS.

On january 4th they refused my application because I didn't have the COS.

I do not know what to do now: to appeal or to send a fresh application with the CoS number.

Any advice?

Now On 15 th of January I have sent the application again. The £500 fee has been taken off my account. Did the biometrics on 31st. Waiting.....

GOD help us !

hify_hify
Newly Registered

COS AR APPROVED ON PSW AND BAND E

Post by hify_hify » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:43 pm

Just to let you know that my COS AR was approved on wednesday after 2 times of failed attempt. My HR sent the 3rd request on the 17th of DEC 2010 and we only received feedback on 9th feb as indicated this email from them;

TIER 2 (GENERAL) – REQUEST FOR INITIAL ALLOCATION OF CERTIFICATES OF SPONSORSHIP

Your request for an urgent initial allocation of Certificates of Sponsorship outside of the monthly panel has now been considered by the Deputy Director of Sponsorship.

The outcome of your request is detailed below:

You have been awarded 1 Tier 2 (General) CoS. This is the full amount of CoS that you requested. Your Sponsor Management Account has been updated and you are now able to issue the CoS.

I sent my application on the 28th Jan 2011 as my visa expired on the 30th Jan 2011. I checked my account today and they are yet to deduct the £500 processing fee from my account. I am not sure exactly how to go about this but I know God will perfect what HE started.

I am here to encourage us that there is nothing too hard for GOD to do if you believe and trust HIM totally. As you can see, I got my COS on a job that is NOT on the shortage occupation list and on a salary of £27,849. God that did it for me will do it for anybody that totally trust and believe in HIM.

If you are a christian, hold unto God's word and He will definitely answer you. He is forever faithful, if you are not a christian this is an opportunity for you to believe in God and I guarantee you YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

As christians we have a covenant with God. The Bible says He will hasten His Word to perform it (Jeremiah 1:12). Refuse to consider any evil report. Do not give in to the appearance of circumstances. A double minded man does not receive ANYTHING from the Lord (James 1:6-8). Do not waver! God's Word will accomplish what it is sent forth to do (Isaiah 55:11).

Confession of God’s Favor - Use this prayer and God will bless you.
In the Name of Jesus by the authority of God’s Word, from this moment forward, I do not look at myself in the natural, but according to the Word of God. I see the way God sees me. I am highly favored of the Lord, (Psalm 5:12). I am crowned with glory and honor, (Psalm 8:3-5). I take authority over condemnation, over guilt, over shame, over inferiority. That’s not of God. I break its power over me.

In Jesus’ Name, I declare by faith, I walk in favor. I have preferential treatment. I refuse to allow condemnation in my life. From this moment forward, my self-esteem and my self-image shall rise and be in accordance with God’s Word. I’ll not be high-minded. I’ll walk in humility. But I know who I am in Christ and I fully expect the treatment that is afforded to those who are highly favored.

In Jesus’ Name, every morning when I arise, I will declare, ‘This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it and I’ll walk in favor!’ Doors will be opened for me that men say are impossible to open. Today, this very day, I expect the favor of God to go before me.

In Jesus’ Name, I am honored by my Father. I am special to Him. I am the object of His affection. And if God loves me, nothing can separate me from His love. I am favored of the Lord, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Taken with permission from ‘Walking in Divine Favor’ by Jerry Savelle

Scripture references (NIV)

Psalm 5:12 ‘For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous, You surround them with Your favour as with a shield’.

Psalm 8:3-5 ‘When I consider the heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that You are mindful of him, the son of man that You care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honour’

Apologies for non christians however this is an opportunity to surrender your worries to God and you will not be disappointed.
Last edited by hify_hify on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:48 pm

could you give us job title please?

thanks

hify_hify
Newly Registered

Post by hify_hify » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:52 pm

Job title is Programmer

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:55 pm

hify_hify wrote:Job title is Programmer
was it always the same title and salary you mentioned in your COS or you changed it often?

cheers

ciaoclara
Newly Registered

Post by ciaoclara » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:58 pm

...I was in PSW but our company couldn't get it. (non shortage, 26K) They just explained about the salary level of 32K and 36K...But as I can see, some of them still could get it. I am really confused and sad.

hify_hify
Newly Registered

Post by hify_hify » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:03 am

We applied initially with my Job title which is Senior Information Systems Officer, it was refused the first time because my visa was more than 60 days. The second time we applied with the same job title, it was refused and requested specifically that we should choose job title from their list and that the job title must be on the shortage occupation list for it to be approved. We picked the job title on that list that the job description and salary matched mine which is the programmer on our third application. Programmer is NOT on the shortage occupation list and my salary not even up to 28k. TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

hify_hify
Newly Registered

Post by hify_hify » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:06 am

@ciaoclara - when is your visa expiring? are you guys not able to apply for COS AR again?

ciaoclara
Newly Registered

Post by ciaoclara » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:11 am

[quote="hify_hify"]@ciaoclara - when is your visa expiring? are you guys not able to apply for COS AR again?[/quote]

My visa was already expired 8/Jan. I was waiting in UK but finally all the applications and attempt were delayed (actually we've tried from Oct) so I couldn't help leaving UK to be sure. I was planning to go back...but now...I lost my job and my whole life in London

My company won't try any more. They already sent the contract termination letter. I'm really really upset and sad...

hify_hify
Newly Registered

Post by hify_hify » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:21 am

@ciaoclara - I really sympathise with you. I pray that God will give you peace & open new opportunities for you.

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:00 pm

My previous post:

My employer got the CoS after four months. They have applied and rapplied and asked urgent consideration and all this stuf about 10 times. On 4th of january my HR manager called them and they said that they havent got any of our documents sent on december 17th. The next day when he called them again they said they got it and are going to review it. on 6th they allocated the CoS which now has been assigned to me.

My work permit visa expired on 1st of november so I sent the tier 2 application without a CoS on 29th of October and sent a covering letter explainin how the situation is and to hold my application in abbeyance until I get the CoS.

On january 4th they refused my application because I didn't have the COS.

I do not know what to do now: to appeal or to send a fresh application with the CoS number.

Any advice?

Now On 15 th of January I have sent the application again. The £500 fee has been taken off my account. Did the biometrics on 31st. Waiting.....

GOD help us ![/quote]

So does it means that you've applied Tier 2 General, eventho your VISA has expired? Overstaying? will that be ok?
My employer is making the COS (urgent) salary 21.6. Job (new shortage post) start before 31st March. Will I stand a chance?
My plan currently is to leave the country and come back as a visitor (go to a european country for a few days), to buy me a bit more time (as my Passport allows me to do that, risking refusal. trying to stay in the UK for the COS to go thru. Then if it'd I will go back to my country and apply tier 2.
BUT do you think sending an application without COS will be better?

many thanks!

Hope your application will go thru and look forward to your update! finger cross for everyone !!

keikeichris

Post by keikeichris » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:12 pm

P_King wrote:Hi....

I applied from India and it took around 15 working days to get my visa.

Kind Regards..
Hi there, good to hear that you have got your COS and apply from Outside UK, I want to know if it was much easier applying from outside UK.
Did you have a COS letter with you when u apply in India?
And what other documentations you need?

I am considering many options as my VISA is due to expire very soon. Should I send my application without COS or go back to my country and wait
Many thanks
Hope your new job is going welll..

Chirs

hify_hify
Newly Registered

Post by hify_hify » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:05 am

pricesoft wrote:As hsyasin said, it is a tricky one.

If you are in the UK,I'll suggest that you go to the appeal armed with the COS you have just been issued. Not sure whether you are going for the oral appeal or the written appeal, but in any case you ideally want to make sure that the arguments are along the lines that there was a delay with the UKBA issuing the COS but that you've now got it. I don't know what your chances are and I wouldnt want to speculate.

If the appeal is allowed with the COS, then fine, otherwise you can then send in a new tier2 application with the same COS you have just been issued. You might need to return to your home country to re-apply though. Very importantly, keep in mind that the COS must be used within 3 months from date of issue I think, so you need to make sure that whatever you decide to do with the COS is done within that time. If the appeal isn't decided within that time, withdraw the appeal and put in a new application from your home country.

If you are applying from outside the UK, I would suggest that you just send in a new application as you likely to get your visa faster that way. Appeals can take a while to decide.

Please don't take my advice very seriously and endeavour o still seek advice from the moderators on this forum.
@pricesoft - Just wondering if you can share how you resolved this issue? did you make new application within or outside the UK or probably went for the appeal with your COS. Please could you share your experience if you are still in this forum. thanks.

clippedw

Post by clippedw » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:06 pm

got my COS out of panel today :)

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:23 pm

salary and job title please?

clippedw

Post by clippedw » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:25 pm

arsenal49 wrote:salary and job title please?
24K marketing exec