ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation,,, Desperate Non-EEU spouse of Irish citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scraredstrait
Newly Registered

Naturalisation,,, Desperate Non-EEU spouse of Irish citizen

Post by scraredstrait » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:55 am

Hello All

Have been in Ireland since 2006 on a stamp 4 visa issued in 2005 in Newyork

Applied for naturalisation in Feb 2009 . Been working since 2006 fulltime and enrolled parttime in school since 2007. graduating in May with BA Hons Accounting but was laid off in March 2010. Pregnant at the moment due in a 2 weeks so cannot enroll in another job.

Sent in documents in June 2010 . Received new request in January 2011 sent in more Address confirmation documents. In February was told information sent to the DOJ in January.

Do i have a chance??... . I am getting rather restless since am not employed at the moment.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:18 am

Not sure what exactly your question is .. is it whether you will be granted citizenship? Are you worried about something in particular in relation to your case, e.g. the fact you were unemployed during the 3 years residency? If so, most likely this won't affect your case. The rules that apply to other citizenship applicants regarding working for the period of residency, don't seem to apply to spouses of Irish citizens, but others do - e.g. good character, fulfilling residency requirements, valid marriage etc.

You say your application was sent to the DoJ in Jan 2011. Do you mean the Minister? Your application would have been submitted to the DoJ citizenship section when you first submitted it anyway.

My husband (also spouse of Irish citizen) applied in Nov 2009 and has thus far heard nothing. Waiting times seems to be different for each spouse of Irish citizenship application, some taking only 6 mths, others still waiting after 24 mths.

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation,,, Desperate Non-EEU spouse of Irish citi

Post by nanette » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi scraredstrait,

If you were told your application is with the minister...then relax you should get it before the end of March 2011. This means you qualify for this and it is just a signature. relax.

Now if you get another later regarding proving employment, tell them you are on maternity leave and that you selected to get time to raise your baby etc...Show them prouf that you are pregnant (letter from your doctors, hospital etc...).

From my experience and having been here at least 3 years, you are ok. you should have it soon...

Nana (an bho dhearg)

scraredstrait wrote:Hello All

Applied for naturalisation in Feb 2009 . Been working since 2006 fulltime and enrolled parttime in school since 2007. graduating in May with BA Hons Accounting but was laid off in March 2010. Pregnant at the moment due in a 2 weeks so cannot enroll in another job.

Sent in documents in June 2010 . Received new request in January 2011 sent in more Address confirmation documents. In February was told information sent to the DOJ in January.

Do i have a chance??... . I am getting rather restless since am not employed at the moment.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation,,, Desperate Non-EEU spouse of Irish citi

Post by strongbow » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:20 am

scraredstrait wrote:Hello All

It is not mandatory for you to have a job given that you are on stamp 4 (spouse of Irish citizen). However if DoJ ask you for any documents such as your partner's payslips etc just be ready to provide it--this is merely to prove that as a family you are not dependent on the state to support you.

scraredstrait
Newly Registered

Post by scraredstrait » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks for the information ,,,, its a sigh of relief on my part ///

Thanks again.