ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhipune
Newly Registered

dependent visa

Post by abhipune » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:53 am

Hi, I need some help with ref. to the depenent visa.
My spouse has already got her tier 1 visa and will be traveling to uk around the 1st week of April. I am planning to apply for my depedent visa in the 1st week of march before she even reaches uk. My queires are as under:-
1. Can i apply before she actualy reaches uk, before she gets a job etc?
2. what r the supporting documents required to be sent to bhc?
3. what r the chances of getting the visa in this scenario?

We have already maintained funds to the tune of 2800+1600 for the past three months.
Kindly help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:02 am

1. Yes.
2. See Guidance - Tier 1 (General) Dependent application, and also Search the forum for more information already available.
3. If you meet the requirements, you will be issued a visa.

regards

abhipune
Newly Registered

dependent visa

Post by abhipune » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:41 am

Thanx for the prompt reply.
I did check the site and also spoke with the vfs representative regarding the docs. He confirmed the following docs
1 marriage certificate
2photographs
3bank statement for maintanence of funds
Optional docs
1rental agreement for staying arrangements in uk or a letter from a frnd or relative stating that we will be staying at thr place till the time my wife does not get a job and that they can give one room to us.
2 NOC from the landlord that he does not hv a problem with our stay.
3 utility bills.
My biggest concern is that the BHC guys mite not be satisfied with the fact that even without having a job i am applying as a dependent and the very fact that my wife is still in india.
We were planning to attach her air ticket along with the letter from some of the companies that have emailed her stating that they would like to meet her once she reaches uk.
Do u think i should wait and apply once she finds a job in uk or can i go ahead and apply for my visa before she leaves.

abhipune
Newly Registered

hi

Post by abhipune » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Pl. respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:04 pm

abhipune wrote:My biggest concern is that the BHC guys mite not be satisfied with the fact that even without having a job i am applying as a dependent and the very fact that my wife is still in india.
There is no such requirement, so "BHC guys mite not be satisfied" doesn't arise.

When seeking free advice, please be patient. People will respond if and when they wish to. There's no need to "bump" a topic as every member can view new posts / topics.

And, please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

regards