ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IAFT-2 APPEAL (Refusal of entry clearance)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:40 am

allgo wrote:hmmm... but then as per the flowchart it seems it is faster if one appeals at embassy as even if you appeal at UK they will first send to embassy. But guess you are right that in UK the appeal I gets generated and then u can track it as well as one can expect a definitive date. wish u all the best and I hope you as well as all of us in the same boat hear something positive from embassy soon
Thats way I send to Embassy.Now crying. :lol:

Shahzad

allgo

Post by allgo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:51 am

You said in a previous post that you got an email. How long did it take for that? Also normally they send a hard copy letter .. isn't it - to the appealant and the representative/sponsor. I really doubt if these embassy guys really do have a common way of working or it is practically on their whim

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jattboi

Process

Post by Jattboi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:39 am

Hi guys their have been some changes to the appeals process From Jan 2011 with timelines and alot of other changes happening also. i think new changes replace the old gudience labour government formed.

Pelease read "Modernised Guidence" section to see changes.

allgo

Re: Process

Post by allgo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Can you kindly paste the link....
Jattboi wrote:Hi guys their have been some changes to the appeals process From Jan 2011 with timelines and alot of other changes happening also. i think new changes replace the old gudience labour government formed.

Pelease read "Modernised Guidence" section to see changes.

Jattboi

Appeal

Post by Jattboi » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:34 am

Hi My appeal has been forwarded to the ECO (North INDIA) from AIT UK
who refused the case and he has 19 weeks to review our application or return it to the Tribunal.

Its a paper appeal settlement visa

Does any on know the who has gone through the same procedure and timelines surly 19 weeks is long time for decision.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Re: Appeal

Post by shahzad80 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:24 am

Just update on my case.Today I received a letter from Tribunal asking me to submit any further documents till 8th April 2011.

I lodged my paper appeal with Embassy so this means they have forward me case to AIT refused to review decision and grant me visa.

The letter is called IA35 so this means anybody who submitted paper appeal would received this letter to submit bundle.

Shahzad
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

allgo

Post by allgo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:19 am

19 weeks!!! that seems to be a hell lot of time just to review the decision.. normally I heard they say 30-45 working days in local BHC. Moderators kindly confirm from past experiences.
Jattboi wrote:Hi My appeal has been forwarded to the ECO (North INDIA) from AIT UK
who refused the case and he has 19 weeks to review our application or return it to the Tribunal.

Its a paper appeal settlement visa

Does any on know the who has gone through the same procedure and timelines surly 19 weeks is long time for decision.

allgo

Post by allgo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:20 am

Hi Shahzad.. my best wishes with you mate. Hopefully somethign good wil happen soon. Btw which embassy did you forward to? Seemed even they took a lot of time to simply forward it to AIT...
Also if you dont mind what did they say was the ground of rejection?
fingers crossed in my case
shahzad80 wrote:Just update on my case.Today I received a letter from Tribunal asking me to submit any further documents till 8th April 2011.

I lodged my paper appeal with Embassy so this means they have forward me case to AIT refused to review decision and grant me visa.

The letter is called IA35 so this means anybody who submitted paper appeal would received this letter to submit bundle.

Shahzad

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:40 am

Last edited by shahzad80 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

Jattboi

Post by Jattboi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:27 am

shahzad80 wrote:
Hi Shahzad.. my best wishes with you mate. Hopefully somethign good wil happen soon. Btw which embassy did you forward to? Seemed even they took a lot of time to simply forward it to AIT...
Also if you dont mind what did they say was the ground of rejection?
fingers crossed in my case
Embassy is Abu Dhabi.Rejection was on maintenance and accommodation ect.

I am thinking of a oral hearing and planning to consult a solicitor.

Shahzad
Hi Shahzad
Simular situatuion to yours
Was yours a paper appeal? Ive done appeal on papers and the AIT have sent it to india for the ECO to review. This would mean he overturns it or sends it back to AIT for it to progress.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:53 am

Last edited by shahzad80 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allgo

Post by allgo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:36 pm

@jattboi - is your case a tier 1 application or a dependent application? also if you dont mind what is the ground of refusal?
19 weeks is scary and trying to understand if it is anything related to visa category... based on different refusal posts

Jattboi

Appeal

Post by Jattboi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:16 am

allgo:- Mine is a Settlement visa (Fiance) category.

applied 15 NOV 10
Refused 12 Jan 11
VFS Collection 18 Jan 11
Appealed 26 Jan 11 (UK appeal)
Sent to post 14 Feb 11. Post has 19 weeks to send bundle back to UK if they stick to refusal.

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:01 am

Hellooo,

I have lodged my appeal today... I did it directly to post where my application was refused means in Mumbai.... Anyone is there who lodged appeal by the month of June/July? Please share your timeline.

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:20 pm

Anybody knows how much time will ECM take to decide on my review/appeal? My solicitor said i should get phone call in 1 week about decision. I dnt believe though.

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:46 am

Hello,

Today i got a call from Mumbai BHC... and they asked me abt my address. when i asked decision has been taken on review? they said not yet... They asked me abt my address means they r gonna send me call latter? Please reply any1.

marialopez
Newly Registered

Why is better to post it ?

Post by marialopez » Thu May 24, 2012 7:17 am

Hello people, i was applying for a settlement visa in order to live with my husband in the uk. My visa was refused because we didn't send pictures, emails, evidence of our relationship. We didn't because we sent all our legal and certificate documents and we though was silly to send pictures.
however, i have the right to appeal, i was reading this forum and i did not understand why is better to send it by post than to AIT?
what is AIT? is not better to do it online?
Thanks so much dear people.

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 am

@marialopez,

i believe the rules have changed now... u can appeal online... which is faster n thn collect all supporting docs covering refusal points with payment proof and send by post to AIT...
now u have to send all appeals to AIT n not the post where u applied...

mods, correct me if im wrong...
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

amitjain.aj1
Newly Registered

Refusal of entry clearance

Post by amitjain.aj1 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:58 am

Hi,

My Wife has got the Refusal of entry clearance to UK.
Category : Family Visitor Visa
Reason : They have not got satisfactory reply from her employer at validation call as per the document produced. Here fault is on her Employer side, they have not replied properly as per the Leave application approved by them, which leads to doubt.
Applied on: 04 May 2012
Refusal on :21 May 2012
Received in Hand :25 May 2012

Can anyone advise what should I do now?
1. Appeal, If Yes.. then how ? Any idea about new procedure and documents required? or
2. Re-apply. How much time and money again need to spent ?

I will be in UK till August end, so please suggest accordingly that what should be the best approach ?

Thanks in Advance
Amit

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Refusal of entry clearance

Post by Greenie » Sat May 26, 2012 12:06 pm

amitjain.aj1 wrote:Hi,

Reason : They have not got satisfactory reply from her employer at validation call as per the document produced. Here fault is on her Employer side, they have not replied properly as per the Leave application approved by them, which leads to doubt.

1. Appeal, If Yes.. then how ? Any idea about new procedure and documents required? or

I will be in UK till August end, so please suggest accordingly that what should be the best approach ?

Thanks in Advance
Amit
if you are only here until August there is no point in appealing as the appeal will almost certaintly not be heard until after you have left. You will need to reapply, and will have to pay the fee again.

amitjain.aj1
Newly Registered

Re: Refusal of entry clearance

Post by amitjain.aj1 » Sat May 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Greenie wrote:
amitjain.aj1 wrote:Hi,

Thanks in Advance
Amit
if you are only here until August there is no point in appealing as the appeal will almost certaintly not be heard until after you have left. You will need to reapply, and will have to pay the fee again.

Thanks for the reply.

Any Idea about
1. New Appeal procedure.
2. Aprox Time duration.
3. Fees.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 26, 2012 2:33 pm

You are not appealing you are applying again. The procedure and cost will be the same as before. Processing times likely to be roughly the same.

amitjain.aj1
Newly Registered

Post by amitjain.aj1 » Sat May 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Greenie wrote:You are not appealing you are applying again. The procedure and cost will be the same as before. Processing times likely to be roughly the same.
Sorry,

I want to know about Appeal Procedure > Duration > Fees

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 26, 2012 2:43 pm

The appeal procedure takes at least 6 months so if you are leaving I
august i am not sure why you would appeal?