ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa Clarification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

expertbuddy
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Dependant Visa Clarification

Post by expertbuddy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:01 am

Hi friends,

I got my Tier 1 dependant visa today. On the visa stamp page in passport, they have mentioned Dependant of R Prasad.( Hand written) My name is RamKumar and my surname is Prasad. Is that fine?

Also do i need to send my passport again to change the number of dependants stamped on my Tier 1 General visa. Currently it is mentioned as 0.

Please could you clarify the above points?

Thanks a lot for your help guys..

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Dependant Visa Clarification

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:17 am

expertbuddy wrote:Also do i need to send my passport again to change the number of dependants stamped on my Tier 1 General visa. Currently it is mentioned as 0.
No, that's fine!

regards

expertbuddy
United Kingdom

Post by expertbuddy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:21 am

Thanks , Could you also please reply to the first point. Its hand written text, so am afraid whther it will cause any issues?

amir1105
Newly Registered

Alternate to Birth Certificate for my Son

Post by amir1105 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:42 am

Hi,

I am holding a Tier 1 General and now when I am actually moving to UK, wanted to apply for my dependants (wife and son).

The birth certificate I got for my son from the authorities in India is hand written and has some over writing and mothers name is not clearly mentioned.
hence I do not want to include that in my application as supporting document for evidence of relationship.
Could some one let me know if there is alternate document I can provide for this? e.g. my Son's Passport itself as it has both Mother's and Father's name on it?

Please note that I am living in Germany and will be applying at Dusseldorf VAC.

Thanks in advance,

Amir

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:59 am

If you do not include a birth certificate of the child, the risk of refusal is very high (personally I would say a refusal without doubt, but that's just my opinion).

It is not difficult to arrange for a duplicate copy of birth certificate from the relevant authority in India, so I would suggest that you get one.

regards

amir1105
Newly Registered

Post by amir1105 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:41 am

sushdmehta wrote:If you do not include a birth certificate of the child, the risk of refusal is very high (personally I would say a refusal without doubt, but that's just my opinion).

It is not difficult to arrange for a duplicate copy of birth certificate from the relevant authority in India, so I would suggest that you get one.

regards
Thanks Sushdmehta,

I just wrote to World Bridge Services for the same and they have forwarded my query to British Consulate in Germany for clarification.
If they give a go ahead, I will apply, otherwise will try to get duplicate birth certificate from India.

best regards,

Amir