ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is glasgow and scotland safe for indians?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

risingsun
Newly Registered

Is glasgow and scotland safe for indians?

Post by risingsun » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:23 am

I have a potential job offer in glasgow.
I am concerned about general bias aginst indians/asians in scotland.

is there any truth in this. do I have a reason to worry about my safety as an indian in scotland?

please enlighten me if i am misinformed.. I am currently in India.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:38 am

There are at least 25,000 people of Indian sub-continent specific ethnicity in the Greater Glasgow area, and at least 51,000 in Scotland.

I guess they live there because it is safe!

regards

Aani

Post by Aani » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi,

I worked in Scotland(Edinburgh) for last 1 year as a contractor. My opinion is Scottish people are polite, kind and very helpful. Scotland is safe too. Hope you might have heard about Scotland Yard !!

I am also Indian (girl). I haven't come across any uncomfortable situation till date. No offense, But if I am given the option to choose between Glasgow or Edinburgh and Indian Cities like Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi. I will choose Scotland Cities because it is safe and nice environment to live.

Also people might have thousand different opinion. If you start worrying for those then life will become hell. Just do what you are supposed to do and you can be happy.

Stop worrying and all the best.

Regards,
Aani

kenfrapin

Re: Is glasgow and scotland safe for indians?

Post by kenfrapin » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:32 pm

risingsun wrote:I have a potential job offer in glasgow.
I am concerned about general bias aginst indians/asians in scotland.

is there any truth in this. do I have a reason to worry about my safety as an indian in scotland?

please enlighten me if i am misinformed.. I am currently in India.
You will be very happy to know
1. Scots love Indians. Always ready to chat and even the late night drunkards just act up but dont do anything to you (trust me, I've partied in the wee hours in most cities across the UK)
2. They are a million times more friendlier than the English down south and love to have a chat with you

If not for the weather, most Asians would just move to Scotland for its people and beautiful landscape :-)

KP

risingsun
Newly Registered

Post by risingsun » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Many thanks sushdmehta, Aani and kenfrapin for clearing my doubts :)